The Make-Up market in Japan is forecast to register moderate growth during 2015-2020 which will be primarily driven by ageing population. Face Make-Up is the leading value category while the Eye Make-Up category is forecast to register fastest growth during 2015-2019. The rising societal pressures to look good at the work place will also drive Male consumers to use Make-Up products.
- Of the four categories analyzed Face Make-Up will be the largest value category registering a CAGR of 2.1% during 2015-2020
- Older Consumers accounts for majority of Eye Make-Up and Face Make-Up consumption
- The Make-Up market in Japan accounted for nearly one-fifth of the Cosmetics & Toiletries retail sales in 2014
- The use of Rigid Plastics is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 1.8% during 2015-2020
- Shiseido Company Limited and Kao Corporation are the leading market players in the country
- Personalisation and Novel & Experimental are the two most important trends in the market.
- Rising consumer concerns about environment degradation will lead to an increase in preference for brands that address these concerns
The Consumer and Market Insights report on the Make-Up market in Japan provides insights on high growth categories to target trends in the usage of packaging materials types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Eye Make-Up Face Make-Up Lip Make-Up and Nail Make-Up with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets Convenience Stores Health & Beauty Stores and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics Glass Flexible Packaging and others; container data for: Tube Tray Bottle and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Make-Up products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy:
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Identify target consumers based on recent analysis of category volume consumption by gender age-group education and urbanization
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Make-Up products consumption and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on new products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years resulting in revenue expansion
- Report Scope:
- Macroeconomic indicators -Population and age structure, GDP and Consumer Price Index
Market Overview and Consumer Demographics
- Value and volume analysis for the Japanese Make-Up market
- Historic and forecast consumption in the Japanese Make-Up market
- Category volume consumption analysis by gender, age, education and urbanization
- Degree of trade up/down in the Japanese Make-Up market
- Volume analysis by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
- Average category level pricing
- Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in the Japanese Cosmetics & Toiletries market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in the Japanese Make-Up market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Make-Up market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Make-Up market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Make-Up market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
- Brand share of leading brands (in value terms) by category
Consumer trend analysis
- ’sconsumer trend framework and explanation of the Mega-trends
- For key trends in the Japanese Make-Up market
- How the trend is influencing consumption in the Japanese Make-Up market
- How to target the trend in the Japanese Make-Up market
- How the trend will evolve in the Japanese Make-Upmarket
- Key target demographic and the rate and which the trend will evolve
- Key drivers in the market that will increasingly influence consumption
- New products launched in the Japanese Make-Up market
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Consumer Demographics data
- Sector Overview
- Segment data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
- About Us
List of Tables
Table 1: Market value analysis in JPY and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to JPY
Table 4: Average prices (JPY and US$) by category, 2015
Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 6: Leading retailers
Table 7: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Category volume consumption by age, gender, education and urbanisation,2015
Figure 3: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 4: Market volume share analysis by categories, 2015
Figure 5: Growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 6: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 7: Leading distribution channels, overall Cosmetics & Toiletries, 2011-2014
Figure 8: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 9: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015
Figure 10: Growth in key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015-2020
Figure 11: Brand share analysis by categories, 2015
- Albion Co.Ltd.
- Alticor Inc.
- Kao Corporation
- Chanel S.A.
- Cezanne Cosmetics Co. Ltd.
- Clarins Group
- Shiseido Company Limited
- Estée Lauder Inc.
- Pias Corp
- DCH Corporation
- Pierce Co.Ltd.
- ISEHAN Co.,Ltd.
- Kose Corporation
- L'Oreal S.A.
- Nu Skin Enterprises Inc
- Orbis Inc.
- Parado Corporation
- Sisley CFEB SAS
- Shu Uemura
- The Procter & Gamble Company
- Orly International Inc.
- Revlon Inc.