Key features of this study plus the PartnerBASE™ dataset and market data annexe that accompany it include:
- quantification of creditor insurance market size and growth with a timeline from 2011 to 2015 and onwards to 2019: how much is this market worth in Chile and what is its future development potential?
- segmentation of this market both by underlying loan type (differentiating between mortgages, point-of-sale automotive finance, other consumer finance and credit card loans) and by type of cover (differentiating between cover for death / permanent disability and temporary incapacity / unemployment);
- consideration of operating models used for creditor insurance: how advanced is the use of captive and joint venture underwriters by lending institutions in Chile and what are the opportunities for external underwriters?
- calculation of weighted provider share of partnerships: Our unique quantitative analysis helps to identify which underwriters of creditor insurance hold the relationships that offer the most potential;
- investigation into alternative distribution channels for selling creditor insurance: a number of factors could increase the potential for entities other than the lending institutions themselves to sell creditor insurance in Chile.