The Fish & Seafood market in Malaysia is forecast to register high growth during 2015-2020 driven by stable economic growth and low inflation rate in the country. Malaysian consumers prefer Fresh Fish & Seafood products that is reflected in Fresh Fish & Seafood (Counter) being the largest category in volume terms. Fish & Seafood traditionally constitute an important part of the Malaysian diet. However with growing interest in healthier food habits manufacturers and suppliers are focusing more on the health aspects of Fish & Seafood in the country such as rich in protein low in fat and a natural source of Omega-3. Fish & Seafood products with a halal certification stamp on their labels are seen as more trustworthy or viewed as a genuine product in Malaysia and offers fresh growth opportunities in an otherwise less differentiated Fish & Seafood market.
- Among the six categories analyzed Frozen Fish & Seafood will be the fastest growing value category registering a CAGR of 8.5% during 2015-2020.
- Buying behaviour of consumers is inclined toward value for money products in the Malaysian Fish & Seafood market.
- Fish & Seafood market accounted for more than two-fifth share in the overall Food retail sales in Malaysia.
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel with around four-fifth share in the overall Fish & Seafood distribution in Malaysia.
- Experience seeking consumers in Malaysia will drive demand for innovative products in the Fish & Seafood market.
- Wellbeing and Premiumization & Indulgence are the major trends that are driving the Malaysian Fish & Seafood market.
The Consumer and Market Insights report on the Fish & Seafood market in Malaysia provides insights on high growth categories to target trends in the usage of packaging materials types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Ambient Fish & Seafood Chilled Raw Packaged Fish & Seafood - Processed Chilled Raw Packaged Fish & Seafood - Whole Cuts Dried Fish & Seafood Fresh Fish & Seafood (Counter) and Frozen Fish & Seafood with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets Convenience Stores Food & Drinks Specialists and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging Rigid Plastics Rigid Metal and others; container data for: Bag/Sachet Can-Food Tray and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Fish & Seafood products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy:
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Fish & Seafood products consumption and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market
- A team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years resulting in revenue expansion
- Report Scope
2. Country Context
- Macroeconomic indicators -Population and age structure, GDP and Consumer Price Index
3. Market Overview
- Value and volume analysis for the Malaysian Fish & Seafood market
- Historic and forecast consumption in the Malaysian Fish & Seafood market
- Degree of trade up/down in the Malaysian Fish & Seafood market
- Volume analysis by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by category with change in market share
- Average category level pricing
4. Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in the Malaysian Food market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in the Malaysian Fish & Seafood market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Fish & Seafood market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Fish & Seafood market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Fish & Seafood market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
6. Brand Share
- Market share of leading brands (in value terms) by category
7. Consumer trend analysis
- Consumer trend framework and explanation of the Mega-trends
- For key trends in the Malaysian Fish & Seafood market
- How the trend is influencing consumption in the Malaysian Fish & Seafood market
- How to target the trend in the Malaysian Fish & Seafood market
- How the trend will evolve in the Malaysian Fish & Seafood market
- Key target demographic and the rate and which the trend will evolve
- Key drivers in the market that will increasingly influence consumption
b. Product examples
- New products launched in Malaysia’s Fish & Seafood market
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector Overview
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
- Explanation of sub-trends
List of Tables
Table 1: Market value analysis in MYRand US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to MYR
Table 4: Average prices (MYR and US$) by category, 2015
Table 5: Leading retailers
Table 6: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 3: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 4: Growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 5: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 6: Leading distribution channels, overall Food, 2011-2014
Figure 7: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 8: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015
Figure 9: Growth in key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015-2020
Figure 10: Brand share by categories, 2015
- Aeon Big
- Cold Storage
- Denis Group
- Figo Foods Sdn Bhd
- Giant Hypermarket GCH Retail (M) Sdn.Bhd.
- Hsh Frozen Foods Sdn Bhd
- Mac Food Services Malaysia
- Pacific West Foods
- Ql Foods Sdn Bhd
- Ramly Food Processing Sdn. Bhd.
- Thong Siek Food Industry Pte Ltd
- Tropical canning (Thailand) PLC