The Japanese Skincare market is forecast to grow in value and volume terms during 2015-2020. The Facial Care category has the largest volume share while the Body Care Depilatories and Make-up remover categories are projected to witness fastest growth during 2015-2020. Japanese consumers prefer natural and organic products due to growing awareness of the potential risks of using synthetic and chemical ingredients. Demand for multi-functional products will increase due to busy lifestyles lead by Japanese consumers.
- Of the five categories analyzed Body Care Depilatories and Make-Up Remover will be the fastest growing value categories registering a CAGR of 2.5% each during 2015-2020
- Drug Stores & Pharmacies is the leading distribution channel accounting for nearly one-third of the overall Skincare distribution
- The market in the country is highly competitive and is led by players such as Shiseido Company Limited and Reckitt Benckiser Group plc
- Blurring gender Boundaries and On-The-Go are the major trends driving demand for Skincare products in Japan
The Consumer and Market Insights report on the Skincare market in Japan provides insights on high growth categories to target trends in the usage of packaging materials types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Body Care Depilatories Facial Care Hand Care and Make-Up Remover with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets Convenience Stores Health & Beauty Stores and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics Flexible Packaging Glass and others; container data for: Bottle Tube Jar and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Skincare products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy:
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Skincare products consumption and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on new products launched in the market
- A team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years resulting in revenue expansion
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators -Population and age structure, GDP and Consumer Price Index
- Value and volume analysis for Japanese Skincare market
- Historic and forecast consumption in Japanese Skincare market
- Volume analysis by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by category with change in market share
- Average category level pricing
- Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in Japanese Cosmetics & Toiletries market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in the Japanese Skincare market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Skincare market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Skincare market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Skincare market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
- Market share of leading brands (in value terms) by category
Consumer trend analysis
- Consumer trend framework and explanation of the Mega-trends
- For key trends in the Japanese Skincare market
- How the trend is influencing consumption in the Japanese Skincare market
- How to target the trend in the Japanese Skincare market
- How the trend will evolve in the Japanese Skincare market
- Key target demographic and the rate and which the trend will evolve
- Key drivers in the market that will increasingly influence consumption
- New products launched in Japanese Skincare market
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector Overview
- Segment data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Channel definitions
- Explanation of sub-trends
List of Tables
Table 1: Market value analysis in JPY and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to JPY
Table 4: Average prices (JPY and US$) by category, 2015
Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 6: Leading retailers
Table 7: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 3: Growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 4: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 5: Leading distribution channels, overall Cosmetics & Toiletries, 2011-2014
Figure 6: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 7: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015
Figure 8: Growth in key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015-2020
Figure 9: Brand share by categories, 2015
- Shiseido Company Limited
- Johnson & Johnson GmbH
- Beiersdorf AG
- Kao corporation
- Fancl Corporation
- Dr. Ci: Labo Co. Ltd..
- Amway Corporation
- Estée Lauder Inc.
- Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmétique
- Attenir Corporation
- L'Oréal Group
- D'ici La Co ltd
- Matsuyama co Ltd
- MIYUKI CORPORATION.
- Reckitt Benckiser Group plc.
- Rica S.p.A.
- Rohto Phamaceutical Co.Ltd.
- JUJU COSMETICS CO. Ltd.
- Chifure Corporation
- NARIS UP COSMETICS
- Shanghai Dhc Business Co Ltd
- pdc Inc.
- Kose Corporation
- Utena Co Ltd
- TOKIWA YAKUHIN
- The Mentholatum Company Inc.
- Meishoku corporation
- Procter & Gamble
- Orbis Inc
- Saishunkan Co.Ltd
- Cle de peau Beaute
- Noevir Group
- Albion co Ltd
- Avon Products Inc.
- Guthy Renker
- Yuuka Co.
- Fujifilm Corporation
- Yamada Bee Farm
- Chanel S.A.
- Arosa Honsha Corp
- Unilever PLC
- Nu Skin Enterprises
- LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton
- Guerin Ltd.
- IDA Laboratories Co. Ltd.
- IVY Cosmetics
- Yakult Honsha Co Ltd
- Clarins Group
- IPSA CO.,Ltd.
- Mary quant Cosmetics Ltd
- SLH/BCL company
- Kesalan Pathern
- Oshimatsubaki Co Ltd
- Yuskin Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Bisui Sea Drop
- CCB Paris
- Mandom corp.
- Naris Cosmetics Co. Ltd.
- Kanebo Cosmetics Inc.
- Kiss Me Cosmetics
- POLA Orbis Holdings Inc.
- Yu-Be Skin Care from Japan
- Herbacin Cosmeic GMBH