This new report provides analyses of current unmet medical needs as well as an in-depth review and assessment of technologies being employed by pharmaceutical manufacturers to reduce the risk of prescription drug misuse and abuse. A series of detailed case studies showcase novel abuse deterrent formulations (ADFs) that have been recently adopted by manufacturers of commonly abused prescription drugs.
Although these technologies are relatively nascent, we expect the ADF field to grow rapidly in the coming years driven by strong demand and local government support within many key markets.
Information leveraged from our robust industry-leading database shows a diverse range of drug therapies currently in development for the treatment of substance abuse and addiction, with various novel approaches under investigation. Our new study provides multilevel analysis of both the R&D and marketed product landscape including data and analyses by addiction type, molecule, stage of development, route of administration, company, geographical presence and many other insightful and pertinent analytics. Additionally, the report includes our predictions on the future treatment landscape.
We conducted extensive research efforts in order to provide a comprehensive view of the technological, competitive and R&D landscape of the substance abuse deterrents and treatments market. This new report adds to our unique portfolio of trusted industry analyses that enable our clients to assess the most promising commercial areas in the market and exploit key business opportunities.
- How does substance abuse impact individuals, society, the economy and healthcare systems?
- What are the most pertinent commercial trends in the substance abuse deterrents and treatments market?
- What are the most pressing medical needs yet to be addressed regarding substance abuse and addiction?
- What are the most recent advances in abuse deterrent formulation technology?
Marketed products for the treatment of substance abuse and addiction
- What are the products with the highest degree of commercialization?
- What are the indications with the highest volume of marketed products?
- What are the main segments of interest for companies operating in the substance abuse treatments market?
- Who are the leading companies, with the highest volume of products in the market and with the widest geographical presence?
- What are the most prevalent routes of administration of products in the market?
Pipeline therapies for the treatment of substance abuse and addiction
- What role are universities and research institutions playing in the development of novel therapies?
- What indications have the largest number of therapies in development?
- Which companies have the largest portfolios of therapies in development?
- Which therapies are expected to treat multiple indications?
- In which stage of development are most of the pipeline therapies currently concentrated?
- Which types of molecules and routes of administration currently dominate the substance abuse therapies pipeline?
- How will the product and competitive landscape be redefined by the expected launch of novel therapies in the coming years?
Key Reasons to Purchase:
This report will allow you to:
- Gain insightful analyses and understanding of market dynamics: This report comprehensively describes and assesses the most pertinent commercial, technological, and innovative aspects of the substance abuse deterrents and treatments market.
- Assess marketed and pipeline products for treating substance abuse and addiction: Our new study provides multilevel analyses of the key products currently available for treating various substance abuse addictions as well as promising candidates currently in development.
- Understand current unmet medical needs: This report provides insights regarding the impact substance abuse can have on individuals and society as whole as well as an in-depth gap analysis that helps to identify to the most pressing medical needs yet to be addressed.
- Assess advances in drug deterrent technology, their advantages and their limitations: This report assesses current and novel formulation strategies being implemented by drug manufacturers to reduce the risk of prescription misuse and abuse. Analyses include key advantages, limitations as well as arguments for and against their adoption.
- Assess global trends prevailing in the field of substance abuse deterrents and treatments: This report describes trends at a global level regarding drug use prevalence, regulations and guidelines, as well as the different approaches being taken in different countries to tackle this global issue.
Overview: Substance Abuse, Deterrence and Treatments
Contributing Factors of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Commonly Abused Substances
Prescription or OTC Substance Abuse
Common Effects and Symptoms of Substance Abuse
Substance Abuse and Brain Function
Health, Social and Economic Impact of Substance Abuse
Impact of Substance Abuse on Specific Population Groups
Substance Abuse: Global Trends and Regulatory Developments
Illicit Substance Abuse: Global Trends
Trends in Global Number of Abusers of Illicit Drugs
Global Trends in Alcohol and Nicotine Use and Addiction
Global Trends in Injecting Drug Use and HIV Infection
International Guidelines Developed by the UN for Abusable Substances
The Role of the International Narcotics Control Board in Controlling Substance Abuse
Worldwide Differences in Regulations and Approaches to Tackle Substance Abuse
Unmet Medical Need Analysis and Gaps in the Treatment of Substance abuse
Technologies for Developing Abuse Deterrent Products
Abuse Deterrent Formulation Technologies: Key Advantages
Limitations of Abuse Deterrent Formulations and Arguments Against Adoption
Abuse Deterrent Formulation Strategies
Osmotic extended-release oral delivery system
Prodrug Combined with MPAR Technology
Marketed Products For the Treatment of Substance Abuse
Marketed Therapies by Type of Addiction
Volume of Companies Operating in the Substance Abuse Treatment Market by Type of Addiction
Substance Abuse Therapies with Highest Degree of Commercialization
Companies with Highest Volume of Marketed Therapies for Substance Abuse
Key Companies with a Wide Global Presence
Competitive and Product Landscape Analysis in Key Countries
Lists of Key Marketed Products by Type of Addiction
Key Routes of Administration of Marketed Products by Type of Addiction
Pipeline Products For the Treatment of Substance Abuse
Volume of Pipeline Therapies by Type of Organization
Volume of Pipeline Therapies by Type of Addiction
Organizations with the Highest Volume of Pipeline Therapies
Volume of Pipeline Therapies by Stage of Development
Profiles of Late Stage Pipeline Products
Volume of Pipeline Therapies by Type of Molecule and Route of Administration
Future Treatment Landscape
The company’s latest report states that various new approaches currently under investigation will see novel and first-in-class treatments, including vaccines, redefine the current arena.
A growing treatment pipeline and continued research and investment in this field reflects the fact that current therapies for those suffering from various drug addictions remain insufficient. More than 27 million people worldwide are currently classified as problem drug users under the Nations Office on Drugs and Crime’s guidelines. Of these, only one in six has access to therapy while many countries still have no adequate services for treating substance abuse.
Currently, there are 242 companies marketing therapies for substance abuse, and more of these are involved in marketing treatments for alcohol addiction than any other kind. One in every 12 adults suffers from alcohol abuse or dependence in the US, which illustrates the level of demand for these therapies.
This report provides analysis of the substance abuse treatment pipeline, stratified by stage of development and molecule type. It includes information on the current clinical and commercial landscape, and the composition of the substance abuse therapeutics market in terms of dominant molecule types and targets, as well as highlighting current unmet needs.
This report was built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research, and in-house analysis conducted by our team of industry experts."