With a wealth of helpful guidelines and assessment tools, Nursing Pathways for Patient Safety makes it easy to identify the causes of practice breakdowns and to reduce health care errors. It provides expert guidance from the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN), plus an overview of the TERCAP® assessment tool. The book systematically examines the causes of practice breakdowns resulting from practice styles, health care environments, teamwork, and structural systems to promote patient safety.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
- Overview: NCSBN Practice Breakdown Initiative
- Practice Breakdown: Medication Administration
- Practice Breakdown: Clearly Communicating Patient Data and Clinical Assessments
- Practice Breakdown: Attentiveness/Surveillance
- Practice Breakdown: Clinical Reasoning or Judgment
- Practice Breakdown: Prevention
- Practice Breakdown: Intervention
- Practice Breakdown: Interpretation of Authorized Provider Orders
- Practice Breakdown: Professional Responsibility and Patient Advocacy
- Mandatory Reporting
- Organizational Use of TERCAP: Shifting From a Quality Management to a Whole Systems Approach