Highly Commended at 2012 BMA awards in Paediatrics Category.
This new edition in the Mobile Medicine series covers today's life-saving approaches to the critically ill or injured child. Find what you need quickly using the step-by-step, outline format that includes numerous algorithms, tables, and figures. After all, time is of the essence when performing emergency techniques such as intraosseous needle insertion, intubation, and cardioversion/defibrillation. Significant updates and revisions make the third edition of this reference a must-have for any physician, resident, nurse, or emergency medical technician.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Initial Assessment
2. Airway Management
3. Respiratory Failure
4. Acute Asthma
5. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
7. Cardiovascular Emergencies
8. Electrolyte and Metabolic Disorders
9. Acute Renal Failure
10. Endocrine Emergencies: Diabetic Ketoacidosis, Hypoglycemia, and Thyroid Storm
11. Gastrointestinal Emergencies
12. Liver Failure
13. Hematologic Emergencies
14. Oncologic Emergencies
15. Head and Spinal Cord Trauma
16. Nontraumatic Stupor and Coma
17. Drug Intoxication
18. Status Epilepticus
19. Meningitis and Sepsis
20. Pain Control and Sedation Management
21. Thoracic Trauma
22. Abdominal Trauma
23. General Surgical Emergencies
24. Orthopedic Trauma
25. Ocular Emergencies and Trauma
26. Soft Tissue Injuries
27. Human and Animal Bites and Stings
28. Hypothermia and Hyperthermia
29. Terrorism and Mass Casualty Events
31. Child Abuse
32. Neonatal Emergencies
33. Transportation of the Critically Ill and Injured Child
Yaster, Myron Richard J. Traystman Distinguished Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine, and Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland.
Schleien, Charles Executive Vice Chairman, Professor of Pediatrics & Anesthesiology, Columbia University, New York, New York.
Paidas, Charles N. Professor of Surgery & Pediatrics, Chief of Surgery, Associate Dean for Graduate Medical Education, Executive Associate Dean for Clinical and Extramural Affairs, University of South Florida Health, College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida.