Develop your skills in evaluation and dental treatment planning for all types of patients! Diagnosis and Treatment Planning in Dentistry, 3rd Edition provides a full-color guide to creating treatment plans based on a comprehensive patient assessment. Using evidence-based research, this book shows how risk assessment, prognosis, and expected treatment outcomes factor into the planning process. New chapters cover patient diagnosis and team-based treatment planning, and a new Evolve website includes videos, case scenarios, and decision-making algorithms. Written by experienced dentistry educators Stephen Stefanac and Samuel Nesbit, this book is the only dental resource that combines patient examination and oral diagnosis with treatment planning.
1. Patient Evaluation and Assessment
2. Common Diagnoses in Dentistry NEW!
Section 2: The Treatment Planning Process
3. Evidence Based Treatment Planning: Assessment of Risk, Prognosis, and Expected Treatment Outcomes
4. Developing the Treatment Plan
5. Interprofessional Treatment Planning NEW!
6. Ethical and Legal Considerations when Treatment Planning
Section 3: Phases of the Treatment Plan
7. The Systemic Phase of Treatment
8. The Acute Phase of Treatment
9. The Disease Control Phase of Treatment
10. The Definitive Phase of Treatment
11. The Maintenance Phase of Care
Section 4: Planning Treatment for Unique Patient Populations
12. The Patient with Special Needs
13. The Patient Who Is Substance Dependent
14. The Anxious or Fearful Dental Patient
15. The Patient with Psychological Disorders
16. The Adolescent Patient
17. The Geriatric Patient
18. The Motivationally Compromised or Financially Limited Patient
Associate Dean for Patient Services
Professor, Periodontics and Oral Medicine
University of Michigan School of Dentistry
Ann Arbor, MI.
Nesbit, Samuel P. Clinical Professor
Department of Operative Dentistry
University of North Carolina School of Dentistry
Chapel Hill, NC.