Written specifically for nursing faculty from the leading experts in concept-based nursing curricula, Mastering Concept-Based Teaching gives you all the strategies and guidance you need to plan, develop, and deliver an effective concept-based curriculum. Renowned authors Dr. Jean Foret Giddens, Dr. Linda Caputi, and Dr. Beth Rodgers walk you through the background and benefits of using a concept-based learning approach, how to apply a research-based approach to teaching concepts, how to improve and evaluate student learning with concepts, and much more to ensure you are ready to successfully bring concepts into your nursing program.
2. Concepts in the Context of the Discipline of Nursing
3. Development of Concepts for Concept-Based Teaching
4. Developing a Concept-Based Curriculum
5. Conceptual Learning
6. Teaching Strategies for Classroom and Clinical Settings
7. Evaluation of Student Learning
Caputi, Linda Professor Emerita, College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn, Illinois
President, Linda Caputi, Inc..
Rodgers, Beth L. Professor, College of Nursing, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico.