For the first time pharmacology is tackled as book in its own right. This multi-contributor text provides a complete source of information on drugs used in the horse. Each chapter covers a particular class of drugs or organ system, providing clinical information and discussing therapeutic strategies for managing disease conditions.
The text is fully referenced and current prescribing practice for horses is backed up by scientific research published in the literature: for example, direct evidence from equine studies versus extrapolation from studies in other species is reviewed by the contributors. A formulary of generic drug names that includes dosages and routes of administration, with a special emphasis on products and dose rates approved for use in horses, is included at the end of the book.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Antibacterial drugs
3. Antiprotozoal drugs
5. Drugs acting on the endocrine system
6. Drugs acting on the gastrointestinal system
7. Intra-articular medication and chondroprotection
8. Drugs affecting muscle
9. Drugs acting on the neurologic system and behavioural modification
10. Drugs acting on the urinary system
11. Drugs acting on the reproductive system
12. Drugs acting on the cardiovascular system
13. Ophthalmic therapeutics
14. Anti-inflammatory drugs
15. Anesthetics, tranquilizers, analgesics
16. Inhalant therapy and medication for the respiratory system
17. Fluid therapy
Horspool, Linda J. I. Global Technical Lead Pharmaceuticals Companion Animals; Intervet/Schering - Plough Animal Health, Netherlands.