'Antenatal' is the second title in the Midwifery Essentials series and looks at the provision of safe and effective antenatal care, exploring the role of the midwife in the context of professional and national guidance. This book prepares the reader to provide safe, evidence-based, woman-centred maternity care.
2. Models of antenatal care: the options available
3. The booking history
4. Health in pregnancy
5. Monitoring maternal physical well being
6. Monitoring women's emotional wellbeing in the antenatal period
7. Blood tests in pregnancy
8. Antenatal screening for fetal abnormality
9. Monitoring fetal wellbeing during routine antenatal care
10. Antenatal care - preparing for the birth
Hall, Jenny Senior Midwifery Lecturer, Bournemouth University, UK.
EdD RM ADM MSc (Reproduction & Health) PGDip(HE)