Introduction - Maureen D Raynor and Rosalind Bluff
1. Autonomy and the Midwife - Jayne E Marshall
2. The Role of Knowledge in Midwifery Decision Making - Jeanne Siddiqui
3. Using the Evidence to Inform Decisions - Elizabeth R Cluett
4 . Models of Decision Making - Heid Mok and Peggy A Stevens
5. Processes and Challenges in Clinical Decision Making - Marianne Mead
6. Developing Clinical Judgements - Dr Sally Marchant
7. Making Ethical Decisions - Professor Shirley R Jones
8. Making Management Decisions - Vicky Tinsley
9. Helping Women to Make their Own Decisions - Pauline Cooke
10. The Reflective Practitioner - Kathleen P Nakielski
11. Supporting Decision Making through Supervision - Jean M Duerden
12. Skilled Decision making: the blood supply of midwifery practice - Amanda Sullivan
Marshall, Jayne E. Foundation Professor of Midwifery, College of Life Sciences, University of Leicester, UK.
Sullivan, Amanda Consultant Midwife, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, Nottingham, UK.