An authoritative text by the international experts in the field which presents a comprehensive review of the medical aspects of sports in relationto the following specific groups of clients: children and adolescents/ women/ veterans (the over 30s!)/ and special groups (those with specific medical conditions and the disabled). This approach by client group rather than by sport of type of injury is unique.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
SECTION 1:Children and Adolescent Atheletes
1. Training and injuries in young athletesNicola Maffulli and Wolfgang Bruns2. The knee in childrens sportsVladimir Martinek and Freddie Fu3. Lower limb injuries in adolescence and childhoodJohn King4. Sports injuries in childrens sportsTreg Brown and Lyle J. Mcheli5. Physical activity and cardiorespiratory fitness in young peopleNeil Armstrong and Joanne R. Welsman6. Strength training in young adultsDavid A. Jones and Jonathan P. Folland7. The physiology of exercise in childrenColin Boreham8. Endurance training in young athletesAdam D.G. Baxter-Jones9. Nutrition in childrens sportsGabe Mirkin10. Growth and maturation issues in elite young athletes: normal variation and trainingAdam D.G. Baxter-Jones and Robert M. Malina11. Competitive stress and coping in young sport performersNickolas C. Smith, Bryan Jones, Neil K. RoachOveruse injuries in gymnasticsJulie SparrowSECTION 2: Women Athletes
13. Endocrinological changes in exercising womenBruno Arena and Nicola Maffulli14. Special gynecological problems of the young female athleteMarisa Z. Rose, C. Terence Lee, Nicola Maffulli, Pasquale Patrizio15. Exercise in pregnancyBruno Arena and Nicola Maffulli16. Dance medicineMargaret Wan Nar Wong, William Wing Kee To and Kai Ming Chan17. Nutritional requirements of female athletesPeter S.W. Davies and Rebecca A. Abbott18. Female athlete triadConstance M. Lebrun19. Physiological aspects of danceYiannis Koutedakis20. Aspects in the rehabilitation of the injured classical ballet dancerAileen Kelly21. Faulty alignment and posture perpetuating musculoskeletal problemsJenny McConnellSECTION 3: Ageing and Master Athletes
22. Bone metabolism in ageingSusan A. New and David M. Reid23. Musculoskeletal and functional changes following lower limb amputation: implications for exercise prescriptionAnthony W. Parker and Jarrod D. Meerkin24. Exercise and cardiac healthDomhnall MacAuley25. Strength training in older individualsMarc T. Galloway26. Soft tissue responses to exercise in the elderlyMaria A. Fiatarone Singh27. Management of musculoskeletal overuse injuries in aging, including master athletesY. Nabeshima, M. Kurosaka, S. Yoshiya, K. Mizuno28. Balance in the older person: effects of age and diseaseGraham K. Kerr and Charles J. Worringham29. Exercise in inflammatory arthritis and osteoarthritisDavid Perry30. Management of osteoarthritis of the knee in middle aged physically active patientsHenry Ho, Kai Ming Chan and Christer Rolf31. Sport after total joint arthroplastyWilliam J. Mallon, Thomas Parker Vail32. Health benefits of Tai Chi Chuan in older individuals
Guo Ping Li, Ling Qin, Kai Ming Chan
33. Alpine skiing in the elderlyArnold Koller34. Racket sports for older individualsScott A. Lynch, Per A.F.H. Renstrom35. The scientific rationale for the conservative management of soft tissue dysfunction in athletesGlenn HunterSECTION 4: Physical Activity in Disability
36. Rehabilitation after cardiac ischemic eventToshihito Katsumura37. Exercise in low back pain patientsDavid Fitzgerald38. Sport and exercise in diabetesMatthew Kiln39. The physiology of walking performance in peripheral arterial diseaseSimon Green and Christopher Askew40. Anabolic steroid use in adolescentsPirkko Korkia41. Exercise in subjects with haematological disordersHenry G. Watson and Michael Greaves42. Problems with sport surgery in HIV positive patientsG. Schweitzer and L. Schlebusch43. Biomechanical problems of the lower limb the key to overuse injury?Simon J. Bartold44. Sports for children with physical disabilities; medical problems of disabled child athletesA.D.J. Webborn45. Sport for children with intellectual disabilitiesCarolyn OBrienIndex