It is written from the assumption that the reader is a surgical student or an assistant with little practice or no practical experience in the operating room or assisting at surgery. The reader is taken step by step, explaining each problem or anticipated difficulty in the order that they may encounter it.
2. In the operating theatre.
3. As a member of the scrub team.
4. Assisting during the operation.
5. Office surgery using the 'non-touch' technique.
6. After surgery.
8. Instruments used in podiatry.
9. Clinical emergencies.
10. Anatomy of the foot.
11. Forefoot disorders that are suitable for out-patient procedures.
Appendix 1 Abbreviations used in podiatric surgery. Appendix 2. Glossary. Index