Exercise and Fitness Training After Stroke comprehensively discusses the manifestations of stroke and how stroke is managed, the evidence for exercise and fitness training after stroke, how to design, deliver, adapt and evaluate exercise, as well as how to set up exercise services and specialist fitness training programmes for stroke survivors.
1. What is a stroke?
2. The management of stroke
3. Post stroke problems
Part 2. Foundations for exercise and fitness training after stroke
4. Physical fitness and function after stroke
5. Evidence for exercise and fitness training after stroke
6. Understanding and enhancing exercise behaviour after stroke
7. Communication: getting it right
8. One stroke survivor's journey
Part 3. Practical applications of exercise and fitness training after stroke
9. Preparing for exercise after stroke
10. Designing and delivering an exercise and fitness training programme to stroke survivors
11. Evaluating exercise and fitness training after stroke: outcome assessment
Part 4. Exercise after stroke: service design and guidelines
12. Models of exercise after stroke service design
13. Guidelines for exercise after stroke service design
van Wijck, Frederike Reader in Neurological Rehabilitation, Institute for Applied Health Research, School for Health and Life Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, Scotland,UK..