This is a new edition of a successful introductory textbook on the subject of psychiatry. Clearly written and rich in pedagogic features - such as summary boxes, clinical cases and other aid memoirs - this book is tailored to the learning needs of those entering the discipline for the first time. Particularly suitable for medical students, this book will also act as a 'primer' for post-graduates first entering the speciality with a view to a long-term career in the discipline.
Please note: Product availability uncertain, please check with our customer service team.
2. The life net
3. Classification, aetiology, management and prognostic factors.
4. The doctor-patient communication.
5. History taking and clinical examination
6. Organic psychiatry.
7. Psychoactive substance use disorders
8. Schizophrenia and delusional (paranoid disorders)
9. Mood disorders, suicide and parasuicide.
10. Neurotic and other stress-related anxiety disorders
11. The dissociative (conversion) and somatoform disorders
12. Psychiatry of menstruation and pregnancy
13. Psychiatry of sexuality
14. Sleep disorders
15. Personality disorders
16. Child and adolescent psychiatry
17. Psychiatry of disability
18. Eating disorders
19. Transcultural psychiatry
20. Psychiatry of the elderly
21. Forensic psychiatry
Treasaden, I. H. Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist, West London Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK; Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer in Forensic Psychiatry, St. Mary's Hospital, Medical School, London, UK; Clinical and College Tutor (West Sector), Charing Cross Training Scheme, London, UK.