The third edition of this popular and useful text has been thoroughly updated to reflect the many major changes that have taken place in community nursing, making it an invaluable and up-to-date reference for all community nursing courses. The book covers the current public health landscape, epidemiology, frameworks for practice, with sections on family, and on the different Community Public Health Nurse Specialists.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Section 1 The changing landscape of public health
1. Recent health and social policy developments
2. Developments in primary care
3. Innovation and change in public health
Section 2 Public health frameworks
4. Epidemiology and its application to practice
5. Social capital and health
6. Needs assessment, public health and commissioning of services
7. Promoting health: Frameworks for practice
8. Developments in promoting workplace health
Section 3 The family as a framework for practice
9. The family: a sociological perspective
10. The family: a psychological perspective
11. Violence within the family
12. Safeguarding children from physical abuse
Section 4 Shifting the boundaries of public health and community practice
13. practice nursing
14. district nursing
15. Specialist Community Public Health Nurse: health Visiting
16. Specialist Community Public Health Nurse: school Nursing
17. Specialist Community Public Health Nurse: Occupational Health Nursing
18. Community mental health nursing
19. community learning disability nursing
20. community children's nursing
Section 5 Challenges for the future
21. Partnership working in health and social care
22. Alternative ways of working
23. Advancing public health in nursing practice
Director of Educational Development.
Cousins, Judy Lecturer, Cardiff School of Nursing and Midwifery, Primary Care and Community Nursing Directorate, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK.