Saunders Solutions in Veterinary Practice consists of a series of practical handbooks on selected medical topics on specific veterinary problems. Case-based, this series is aimed at the small animal veterinary practitioner who has qualified less than 10 years and needs quick access to information and wants to increase his/her confidence on handling that range of cases that cover the spectrum that lies between the simple routine first opinion case and the referral.
Saunders Solutions in Veterinary Practice provides additional knowledge that leads to improved skills and practice for veterinary practitioners. Not only practitioners, but also veterinary students nearing the end of their course will find this series very useful to brush up their knowledge in a particular area. The volumes are also written with the veterinary nurse in mind with a particular interest in a specific topic, using 'Nurse Boxes' in the text to guide them to the specific information they need.
Please note: Product availability uncertain, please check with our customer service team.
Acknowledgements Introduction Author's note
1. Dysphagia and disorders of swallowing
1. Swallowing and regurgitation 2. Idiopathic megaoesophagus in a dog 3. Myasthenia gravis in a dog 4. Oesophageal stricture in a cat 5. Phenobarbitone responsive regurgitation in a dog 6. Oesophageal foreign body in a dog 7. Persistent right aortic arch in a dog 8. Feline dysautonomia
9. Gastrointestinal physiology - the normal stomach and small intestine 10. Pathophysiology of vomiting 11. A foreign body in the small intestine of a dog 12. Chronic partial gastric dilatation in a dog 13. Pancreatitis and alimentary lymphoma in a dog 14. Hypoadrenocorticism in a dog 15. Inflammatory bowel disease/alimentary lymphoma in a cat 16. Ingestion of glue by a dog 17. Lead ingestion in a puppy 18. Gastric adenocarcinoma in a dog 19. Pancreatitis in a cat 20. Linear foreign body in a cat 21. Portosystemic shunt in a dog 22. Hepatic lipidosis in a cat
23. Intestinal disorders: diarrhoea 24. Small intestinal diarrhoea 25. Protein losing enteropathy in a dog 26. Inflammatory bowel disease and adverse reaction to food in a dog 27. Intussusception in a cat 28. Feline exocrine pancreatic insufficiency , case study by Nicki Reed 29. Parvovirus infection in a dog
4. Haemtochezia and Melaena
30 Introduction to melaena and haematochezia 31. Haemorrhagic gastroenteritis in a dog 32. Colonic vascular ectasia in a dog 33. Intestinal leiomyosarcoma in a dog, case study by Caroline Urraca del Junco 34. Corticosteroid induced gastrointestinal ulceration in a dog
5. The colon and colonic disorders
35. Introduction to the colon and colonic disorders 36. Feline constipation and megacolon, case study by Nicki Reed 37. Tritrichomonas in two kittens 38. Colorectal neoplasia in a dog 39. Colonic inflammatory bowel disease in a cat
Multiple choice questions Multiple choice answers 1. Abbreviations list 2. Estimating the degree of dehydration 3. Urgent vs non-urgent gastrointestinal cases 4. Body condition scores 5. Reference ranges for haematology and serum chemistry values for adult cats and dogs 6. Resources for tests for gastrointestinal disorders 7. Obtaining cisapride 8. Canine inflammatory bowel (IBD) index 9. Feeding tubes 10. Medications used in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders and feline hepatic lipidosis