Now in its sixth edition, Poultry Diseases is once again fully revised with the addition of vital new material. It remains the standard reference work on health and disease for those involved in the poultry industry, government and veterinary education. Following a familiar structure, readers of the sixth edition gain concise but major reviews on current knowledge of general and disease-specific topics discussed over 45 (5 new) chapters in seven sections.
With a large international team of contributors led by an authoritative editor team and a Foreword by Professor Frank Jordan, Poultry Diseases is an invaluable resource for the practicing veterinarian, poultry inspector, agricultural manager or veterinary student.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. The poultry industry
2. How to carry out a field investigation
3. Laboratory investigation to support health programmes and disease diagnosis
4. Biosecurity in poultry management
5. Vaccines and Vaccination
6. Medicines and medication
7. Legislation and poultry welfare
Section 2 Bacterial Diseases
9. Avian infections caused by species of Pasteurellaceae,Ornithobacterium and Riemerella: an introduction
10. Fowl cholera
11. Infectious coryza and related diseases
12. Gallibacterium infections and other avian Pasteurellaceae
13. Ornithobacterium rhinotracheale
14. Riemerella infections
15. Avian bordetellosis (turkey coryza)
17. Staphylococci, streptococci and enterococci
19. Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae - erysipelas
20. Avian mycoplasmas
21. Avian chlamydophilosis (chlamydiosis/psittacosis/ornithosis)
22. Some other bacterial diseases
Section 3 Viral Diseases
23. Herpesviridae (Marek's disease virus, Infectious laryngotracheitis, Duck virus enteritis)
25. Paramyxoviridae (Paramyxovirinae, Pneumovirinae)
26. Orthomyxoviridae - Avian Influenza
32. Reoviridae (Reoviruses, Rotaviruses)
36. Caliciviridae and hepeviruses
37. Arthropod-borne viruses
Section 4 Fungal Diseases
38. Fungal diseases
Section 5 Parasitic Diseases
39. Parasitic diseases
Section 6 Diseases of Body Systems
40. Diseases of the musculoskeletal system
Section 7 Other Disorders, Poisons and Toxins
41. Practical epidemiology of poultry disease and multi-factorial conditions
42. Nutritional disorders
43. Management as a cause of disease in poultry
44. Toxicants in poultry
45. Diseases of gamebirds
Appendix: Some useful data
McMullin, Paul Managing Director Poultry Health Services Ltd, Poultry Health Centre, UK.
Bradbury, Janet M. Department of Veterinary Pathology, University of Liverpool Veterinary Field Station, UK.
Alexander, Dennis Virology Department, Central Veterinary Laboratory, Weybridge, Addlestone, Surrey, UK.