Interest in management as a specialist subject for veterinarians and those owning and running veterinary practices has developed considerably over the last decade; and is reflected in the second edition of Managing a Veterinary Practice. Good management is essential to the success of every veterinary practice. As small businesses in a competitive marketplace, the successful practices will be those that are able to respond quickly and effectively to the ever-changing needs and expectations of their clients. Responding quickly and effectively to change in this manner requires a deep understanding of and ability to work from classic business principles.
This internationally appealing edition has been largely rewritten and contains new, updated information on leadership, the role of a manager, basic financial management, marketing, communication within the practice, and how to achieve good client compliance, as well as much sound practical advice from the author. Aimed at practice owners and managers, and those with a vested interest in understanding business management in veterinary practice, the book explains the core principles involved in running a business. 'Big Business' concepts are explained in practical and applied terms to fulfil small business needs using examples from a wide variety of sources, including internationally recognized business management experts such as Peter Drucker, David Maister, Stephen Covey and Michael Gerber.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Creating a successful business
3. Managing the economy in your vet clinic
4. What leaders really do
5. What does a practice manager do?
6. Effective communication: the vital link
7. Understanding your staff - what makes people tick
8. Developing your practice team
9. Marketing your practice
10. Professional retailing in practice
11. Understanding your clients
12. Achieving excellence in client service
13. Compliance: the art of making effective recommendations
14. Role of wellness healthcare in veterinary practice
15. The future of veterinary business
Appendix 1 Telephone skills
Appendix 2 Planning and managing effective team meetings
Appendix 3 External lecturing
Appendix 4 Process mapping and quality control
Appendix 5 Setting fees in practice
Appendix 6 Practice promotional literature
Appendix 7 Conducting market surveys