This package provides you with the book plus the eBook - giving you the printed book, plus access to the complete book content electronically. Evolve eBooks allows you to quickly search the entire book, make notes, add highlights, and study more efficiently. Buying other Evolve eBooks titles makes your learning experience even better: all of the eBooks will work together on your electronic "bookshelf", so that you can search across your entire library of Dentistry eBooks.The new edition of this now classic book, Periodontics, continues to provide readers with the essential information required to ensure a firm understanding of the subject of periodontology from both a basic science and clinical perspective. Authored by experts of international renown, this book is suitable for undergraduate and postgraduate dental students as well as practitioners with an interest in oral medicine.
2. The oral environment in health and disease
3. Host-parasite interaction
4. The aetiology of periodontal disease
5. Mechanisms of disease production
6. The effect of systemic factors on the periodontal tissues
7. Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS)
8. The natural history of periodontal disease
9. Classification of periodontal diseases
10. Epidemiology of periodontal disease - the size of the problem
11. Prevention of periodontal disease
12. Clinical features of chronic periodontal disease
13. Diagnosis, prognosis and treatment plan
14. Diagnosis tests of periodontal disease activity
15. Basic treatment of chronic gingivitis and periodontitis
16. The use of antiseptics, enzymes and oxygenating agents as adjuncts in supragingival plaque control
17. The possible use of antibiotics as adjuncts in the treatment of chronic periodontitis
18. Antibiotic prophylaxis for susceptible patients undergoing periodontal treatment
19. Surgical periodontal treatment
20. Management of bone defects and furcation involvement
21. Mucogingival problems and their treatment
22. The periodontal abscess
23. Early onset periodontitis (juvenile periodontitis/ aggressive periodontitis)
24. Acute and infectious lesions of the gingiva
25. Acute necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis
26. Epulides and tumours of the gingivae and oral mucosa
29. Dental implants and peri-implantology
30. The relationship between periodontal and restorative treatment
Soory, Mena Periodontology, King's College London Dental Institute, London, UK.
Mena Soory is a full-time senior clinical academic at King's College London Dental Institute and Professor in Periodontology at King's College Dental Hospital. She is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and actively engaged in committee activity of the institute in promoting educational and clinical research strategy in collaboration with international institutions. Professor Soory also represents King's College Dental Hospital at the Hospital Trust Infection Control Committee ensuring compliance with the requirements of the General Dental Council and chairs the Diploma in Dental Hygiene and Therapy Part Board of Examiners' meetings and Periodontal scientific sessions at international meetings. Professor Soory is an examiner for Final BDS and post-graduate examinations.
Professor Soory has published extensively in her field encompassing the role of antioxidants, biological agents and biomaterials in periodontal wound healing and implications on systemic diseases. Supervision of several national and international post-graduates has resulted in over 150 publications which include presentations at national and international fora of the British Society of Periodontology, European Federation of Periodontology, International Congress in Periodontology, British Society for Dental Research, Pan European Federation for Dental Research, European Society of Biomaterials, International Association for Dental Research, Royal Society of Medicine and others.
This work has resulted in commendations and awards from the British Society of Periodontology, the European Federation of Periodontology and pharmaceutical companies.
Professor Soory has made a large contribution to editorial work of the European Journal of Oral Science, Journal of Dentistry, British Dental Journal, International Journal of Dentistry, Journal of Dental Research, Archives of Oral Biology, Oral Diseases, Biochemical Journal, Biomacromolecules, and Journal of Dermatological Science.Manson, J. D. Formerly Senior Lecturer in Periodontology, Eastman Dental Institute, London, UK.