Using Evidence to Guide Nursing Practice 2e is an invaluable 'how-to' guide for students and experienced nurses alike. Emphasis is placed on how to develop an evidence-based culture in the workplace, support clinicians to make decisions using the best available evidence and translating this evidence into practice. This new edition is divided into five concise sections which guide readers from an examination of evidence, to developing a workplace culture that supports Evidence-Based Practice. It demonstrates how to locate and appraise evidence, how to evaluate practice and finally how to translate evidence into practice with a new applied case study included.
Please note: Product availability uncertain, please check with our customer service team.
1. Evidence Based Nursing Practice by Mary Courtney, Claire Rickard, Joy Vickerstaff and Anthea Court
2. Types of evidence and how to use evidence to answer correct questions by Professor Adrian Esterman, Dr David Evans and Kate Deuter
3. Developing an Evidence-Based Culture by Sonya Osborne and Glenn Gardner
4. Developing Evidence-Based Guidelines by Sonya Osborne and Joan Webster
5. Locating the Evidence by Helen McCutcheon, David Gillham, Kate Deuter and Anna Holasek
6. Undertaking a Systematic Review by Alan Pearson and Dr John Field
7. Undertaking a Clinical Audit by Sally Borbasi, Debra Jackson and Craig Lockwood
8. Undertaking a Program Evaluation by Elizabeth Manias
9. Evidence to inform nursing practice: An applied approach by Colleen Smith, Kate Andre, Kelly Lewis and Barbara Parker
Acting Executive Dean and Professor of Nursing, Faculty of Health, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Queensland.
McCutcheon, Helen Helen McCutcheon, RN, RM, BA, MPH, PhD, Professor and Head of School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of South Australia, Adelaide, South Australia.