Davidson's Diabetes Mellitus provides the most current information for the clinical care of patients with diabetes. The fifth edition has been significantly revised to reflect the rapidly expanding body of knowledge on the treatment of diabetes. The new edition has been expanded to include chapters on medical nutrition therapy, insulin resistance and macrovascular disease, and diabetes in children. The new edition also includes findings from the United Kingdom Prospective Diabetes Study and updates on treatment options, including newer insulin analogs, recently approved medications, and combination therapies.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Treatment: General Principles
3. Nutrition and Physical Activity in Diabetes
4. Oral Antidiabetic Agents
5. Insulin Therapy
6. Hyperglycemic and Hypoglycemic Emergencies
7. Complications of Diabetes Mellitus: Primary Care Implications
8. Reducing Cardiovascular Risk in Type 2 Diabetes and the Metabolic Syndrome: The Emerging Role of Insulin Resistance
9. Office Management of the Diabetic Patient
10. Diabetes Management in Children and Adolescents
11. Diabetes Self-Management Education
Peters Harmel, Anne Director, USC Westside Center for Diabetes, Professor of Clinical Medicine, Department of Medicine, Keck School of Medicine of USC, Los Angeles, CA.
Mathur, Ruchi Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Keck School of Medicine of USC, Los Angeles, CA.