The second edition uses a similar approach to that of the first edition. That is, the evidence is examined and application to the clinical setting discussed. In the first edition, the paradigm of contemoprary physiotherapy practice was explored . In the second more detailed information is presented about the explicit and implicit assumptions which form the basis of current practice.
1. The context of musculoskeletal physiotherapy practice
2. Theoretical basis underlying clinical decisions
3. Diagnostic Imaging in musculoskeletal physiotherapy
4. Principles of examination and measurement
5. The history
6. The physical examination
7. Selection and application of treatment
8. Persisting pain: using cognitive-behavioural principles for activity-based pain management
Gass, Elizabeth Senior Lecturer, School of Physiotherapy, The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia.