There are a number of books about complementary therapies for nurses, but these mostly take a therapy-led approach. This new book, written by an experienced nurse, health visitor and teacher, uses a problem-based approach that relates to conditions presenting in everyday practice.
Childrens health, psychological and social needs are qualitatively and quantitatively different from those of adults and the author has for this reason addressed not only medical conditions but also psycho-social development problems.
Well-referenced and evidence-based, this book is an essential companion for all healthcare professionals who treat children and young adults.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Section 1: Professional Issues
1. Complementary and Alternative Medicine
2. Clinical Effectiveness, clinical supervision and legal and professional issues
Section 2: 0-11 years
3. Problems related to breathing
4. Problems related to rest and sleep
5. Problems related to pain
6. Problems related to eating and drinking
7. Problems related to elimination
8. Problems related to mobility
9. Problems related to washing and dressing
Section 3: 11-16 years
10. Problems with communication
11. Problems related to sleep
12. Problems relating to expressing sexuality
13. Problems related to washing and dressing
14. Problems with eating and drinking
15. Problems with elimination
16. Problems related to working and playing
Appendix 1: CAM Assessment tool
Appendix 2: Useful addresses
Appendix 3: Useful web sites