The latest title in the Real World Nursing Survival Guide series, this fun and engaging book makes it easy to review must-know concepts associated with hemodynamic monitoring. Its lighthearted, cartoon-filled approach guides readers through challenging concepts and procedures. The book begins with an overview of five main concepts: cardiac output, stroke volume, preload, afterload, and contractility. It discusses equipment used for specific procedures, followed by discussions of specific aspects of hemodynamic monitoring including cardiac output, intra-arterial, central venous, pulmonary artery, and mixed venous oxygenation. The final chapter focuses on clinical applications with case studies, clinical interventions, and exercises.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Hemodynamic Theory
3. Hemodynamic Monitoring Equipment
4. Arterial Pressure Monitoring
5. Right Atrial/Central Venous Pressure Monitoring
6. Pulmonary Artery Pressure Monitoring
7. Pulmonary Artery Pressures and Waveforms
8. Cardiac Output Measurements & Hemodynamic Calculations
9. Mixed Venous Oxygenation Monitoring
10. Non-invasive Hemodynamic Monitoring
11. Clinical Application: Case Studies, Clinical Interventions & Exercises
Appendix: Esophageal Doppler Monitoring
NCLEX® Examination Review
Garrett, Kitty Critical Care Nurse Clinician, St. Joseph Hospital, Augusta, GA.
Chernecky, Cynthia C. Professor, Department of Physiological and Technological Nursing, School of Nursing, Georgia Health Sciences University, Augusta, GA.
Schumacher, Lori Associate Professor, Georgia Health Sciences University, School of Nursing, Augusta, GA.