- . Bachelor of Nursing students
- . Diploma of Nursing students
- . Bachelor of Midwifery students
- . Bachelor of Paramedicine students
- . Bachelor of Health science students
- . Post graduate Nursing and Midwifery students
Essentials of Law for Health Professionals 4e provides students with the information and knowledge necessary to make well-informed and considered decisions about their legal rights and obligations, and the legal rights and obligations of the patients and clients under their care.
1. Introductory Concepts and the Court Hierarchy
2. The Australian Constitution and System of Government
3. Working with Legal Representatives
4. Law and ethics
Section 2: Legal Concepts for Health Professionals
5. Management of Patient and Client information
7. Intentional Torts
Section 3: Life and Death Issues
8. Refusal of Treatment
9. Manipulation of Life
10. Criminal Law issues and the Coroner
Section 4: Working within the Law
11. Contractual and Industrial elements of Professional Practice
12. Statutes Controlling Health Service Delivery
13. Registration and Regulation of Health Professionals
Kim Forrester is a registered nurse and barrister-at-law practising in the area of health law. Kim is the author of several publications in health law. Kim is an Associate Professor in the Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine at Bond University.
Griffiths, Debra Associate Professor, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing & Health Sciences, Monash University, Victoria.