Pain Management in Veterinary Nursing covers the nursing aspects of small animal pain management demonstrating how nursing procedures, techniques and care can be as beneficial to patients as the drugs administered. The book emphasises the vital role that veterinary nurses play in patient welfare - highlighting how advanced knowledge, skill and understanding of pain management is vital in providing exceptional nursing care.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Evidence that Animals Feel Pain, and its Consequences
3. Assessing Pain in Animals
4. Methods of Pain Scoring in Animals
5. The Physiology of Pain
6. The Opioid Analgesic Drugs
7. The Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Analgesic Drugs, NSAIDs
8. Other Analgesic Drugs
9. Management of Acute Pain
10. Adjunctive Methods of Pain Management
11. Chronic Pain Management and Quality of Life