This book presents a holistic approach to the complete, long-term, day-to-day care of patients disabled by neurological conditions, emphasizing practices that promote physical well-being and minimize secondary complications. It focuses on physical management within the context of the lifestyle of the disabled person and primary caregiver. In addition, it highlights the difficulties commonly encountered when implementing a physical management regime, and discusses the importance of compromise.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
3. Development of Secondary Complications
4. Assessment and Outcome Measures
5. Body Structure and Mechanisms of Control
6. Building a Stable Posture
7. Customized Support
8. The Complete Physical Management Regime
9. Therapeutic Leisure Activities
10. Complementary Interventions
11. The Carer's Perspective
12. The Art of Compromise
13. The Evidence for Management