The second edition of the well respected Nadas' Pediatric Cardiology includes all tools for diagnosis and management of the pediatric patient with heart disease. Both acquired and congenital heart disease are covered in this practical and accessible textbook. Therapy and surgery of the pediatric cardiac patient are covered from basics through clinical applications.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1a. The Nadas Years at Children's Hospital, Jane W. Newburger, Donald C. Fyler
1b. Cardiology at Children's Hospital Boston: Today and Into the Future, James E. Lock
Section II: DEVELOPMENTAL ANATOMY
2. Embryology, Richard Van Praagh
3. Morphologic Anatomy, Richard Van Praagh, Stella Van Praagh
4. Segmental Approach to Diagnosis, Richard Van Praagh, M.D.
Section III: DYSMORPHOLOGY
5. Dysmorphology and Genetics, Ronald V. Lacro, M.D.
Section IV: NORMAL CIRCULATORY PHYSIOLOGY
6. Fetal and Transitional Circulation, Michael D. Freed
Section V: PROBLEMS CAUSED BY HEART DISEASE
7. Congestive Heart Failure, Elizabeth D. Blume, Michael D. Freed, Steven D. Colan
8. Hypoxemia, Donald C. Fyler, M.D.
9. Central Nervous System Sequelae of Congenital Heart Disease, Jane W. Newburger, M.D., M.P.H
10. Pulmonary Hypertension, Mary P. Mullen, M.D.
Section VI: TOOLS OF DIAGNOSIS
11. History, Growth, Nutrition, Physical Examination and Routine Laboratory Tests, Robert L. Geggel, M.D., Donald Fyler, M.D.
12. Electrocardiography and Introduction to Electrophysiologic Techniques, Edward P. Walsh, M.D., Mark E. Alexander, M.D., Frank Cecchin, M.D.
13. Imaging Techniques; Echocardiography: MRI, CT, Mary E. van der Velde and Tal Geva
14. Cardiac Catheterization, James E. Lock, M.D.
15. Assessment of Ventricular and Myocardial Performance, Steven D. Colan, M.D.
16. Exercise Testing, Jonathan Rhodes
Section VII: ALLIED DISCIPLINES
17. Sedation, Anesthesia in Cardiac Procedures, Peter C. Laussen
18. Intensive Care Unit, David L. Wessel, Peter C. Laussen
19. Methodological Issues for Data Base Development: Trends, John K. Triedman, M.D., Donald C. Fyler, M.D.
20. Methodological Issues in Clinical Research, Kathy J. Jenkins, Kimberlee Gauvreau, Steven D. Colan
21. Pediatric Cardiovascular Nursing, Patricia O'Brien, Martha A.Q. Curley, Patricia A. Hickey
Section VIII: ACQUIRED HEART DISEASE
22. Common Outpatient Problems: Innocent Murmur, Chest Pain, Syncope, Jane W. Newburger, M.D.,M.P.H., David R. Fulton, M.D., Mark E. Alexander, M.D.
23. Preventive Heart Disease: Hypertension (systemic) and Dyslipidemia in Childhood and Adolescence, Jane W. Newburger, M.D., M.P.H.
24. Rheumatic Fever, Donald C. Fyler, M.D.
25. Kawasaki Syndrome, David R. Fulton, M.D., Jane W. Newburger, M.D.
26. Cardiomyopathies, Steven D. Colan, M.D.
27. Pericardial Diseases, Roger E. Breitbart
28. Infective Endocarditis, Gerald R. Marx, M.D., Jane W. Newburger, M.D. 29. Cardiac Arrhythmias, Edward P Walsh, M.D., John K. Triedman, M.D., Charles I. Berul, M.D.
Section IX: CONGENITAL HEART DISEASE
30. Ventricular Septal Defect, John F. Keane, Donald C. Fyler
31. Pulmonary Stenosis, John F. Keane, Donald Fyler
32. Tetralogy of Fallot, Roger E. Breitbart, M.D., Donald C. Fyler, M.D.
33. Aortic Outflow Abnormalities, John F. Keane, M.D., Donald C. Fyler, M.D.
34. Atrial Septal Defect, John F. Keane, Tal Geva, Donald C. Fyler, M.D.
35. Patent Ductus Arteriosus, John F. Keane, Donald Fyler
36. Coarctation of the Aorta, John F. Keane, M.D., Donald C. Fyler, M.D.
37. D-Transposition of the Great Arteries, David R. Fulton, Donald C. Fyler
38. Endocardial Cushion Defects, Gerald R. Marx, M.D., Donald C. Fyler, M.D.
39. Cardiac Malpositions and the Heterotaxy Syndromes, Stella Van Praagh
40. Mitral Valve and Left Atrial lesions, Robert L. Geggel, Donald C. Fyler
41. Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, Mitral Atresia and Aortic Atresia, Peter Lang, M.D., Donald C. Fyler, M.D.
42. Pulmonary Atresia with Intact Ventricular Septum, John F. Keane, Donald C. Fyler
43. Double-Outlet Right Ventricle, John F. Keane, M.D., Donald C. Fyler
44. Single Ventricle, John F. Keane, Donald Fyler 45. Tricuspid Atresia, John F. Keane, Donald Fyler 46. Tricuspid Valve Problems, John F. Keane, M.D., Donald C. Fyler, M.D.
47. Truncus Arteriosus, John F. Keane, M.D., Donald C. Fyler, M.D.
48. Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return, John F. Keane, M.D., Donald C. Fyler, M.D.
49. Aortopulmonary Window, John F. Keane, Donald Fyler
50. Origin of a Pulmonary Artery from the Aorta (Hemitruncus), John F. Keane, Donald Fyler 51. "Corrected Transposition of the Great Arteries, John F. Keane, M.D., Donald C. Fyler, M.D.
52. Vascular Fistulae, John F. Keane, M.D., Donald C. Fyler, M.D.
53. Coronary Artery Anomalies, John F. Keane, M.D., Donald C. Fyler, M.D.
54. Vascular Rings and Slings, Andrew J. Powell, M.D., Valerie S. Mandell, M.D.
55. Cardiac Tumors, Gerald Marx, M.D., Donald C. Fyler, M.D.
56. Adult Congenital Heart Disease, Michael J. Landzberg, M.D.
Section X: SURGICAL CONSIDERATIONS
57. Infant Cardiac Surgery, Bassem Mora, M.D., Pedro del Nido, M.D.
58. Management of the Univentricular Heart, John E. Mayer, Jr. M.D.
59. Video/Robotic-Assisted Thoracic surgery: Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation, Pedro del Nido, M.D.
60. Current and Future Cardiovascular Organ and Tissue Replacement Therapies, John E. Mayer, M.D., Elizabeth D. Blume, M.D.
Section XI: THE FUTURE
61. Cardiac Excitability and Heritable Arrhythmias, David E. Clapham, Mark T. Keating
Principal Drugs Used in Pediatric Cardiology, Jane W. Newburger
Fyler, Donald C. Professor Emeritus of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Associate Chief of Cardiology Emeritus, Children's Hospital, Boston, MA.
Lock, James E. Cardiologist in Chief, Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School; Department of Cardiology, Children's Hospital, Boston, MA.