As the role of the physical therapist widens to include more primary care and diagnostic responsibilities, there is a greater need for a single, up-to-date resource that explores professional roles and developments in this changing field. This new book is the definitive reference on this important topic.
This concise book provides information on every vital area important to professionalism: documentation, law and ethics, and leadership - all in the context of the five roles of the physical therapist as defined by the APTA's Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, 2nd Edition. Readers will find information on the history of professionalism in physical therapy, the five roles of the physical therapist (Patient/Client Manager, Consultant, Critical Inquirer, Educator, and Administrator), the role of the physical therapist in today's health care system, and professional leadership and development. Case studies, "how to lists and "tips from the field encourage critical thinking and provide strategies for various issues. The book also offers tips on preparing a portfolio, determining leadership style, and preparing a professional development plan based on the APTA's five roles.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. The Physical Therapist as Professional
2. The History of the Profession
3. Contemporary Practice Issues
II. The Five Roles of the Physical Therapist
4. Physical Therapist as Patient /Client Manager
5. Physical Therapist as Consultant
6. Physical Therapist as Critical Inquirer
7. Physical Therapist as Educator
8. Physical Therapist as Administrator
III. The Complex Environment of Health Care and Professional Development
9. The Organizational, Political, and Cultural Context of Professionalism in the U.S. Health Care System
10. Professional Development, Leadership, and Exemplary Practice
11. The Future
Page, Catherine G. Professor and Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education, School of Physical Therapy, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA.