Cardiac Surgery: Operative Technique, by Drs. Donald B. Doty and John R. Doty, is your essential source on how to perform today's full range of cardiac surgical techniques. Over 1,000 crisp illustrations and expert, evidence-based discussions guide you step by step, equipping you to perform all of the latest procedures and get the best outcomes.
- Focus on the practical how-tos you need to perform each operation.
- Know what to do, what to avoid, and how to manage complications with the authors' discussions of their preferred methods.
- Benefit from the seasoned expertise of two master cardiac surgeons with decades of experience.
- Keep your skills current with state-of-the-art coverage of coronary artery surgeries, heart-lung transplantation, lung transplantation, and much more - including the latest evidence for each procedure.
- Know what to look for and how to proceed with over 1,000 remarkable illustrations and photographs - many new, many in full color - that capture exactly what you will see during surgery.
- Access the complete contents and illustrations online, fully searchable.
Step-by-step surgical guidance for cardiac operations!
Set-Up for Cardiac Surgery
Part II: Septal Defects
Atrial and Atrioventricular Septal Defects
Ventricular Septal Defect
Aorto-Pulmonary Septal Defect
Part III: Anomalies of Pulmonary Venous Connection
Partial Anomolous Pulmonary Venous Connection
Total Anomolous Pulmonary Venous Connection
Part IV: Right Heart Valve Lesions (Congenital)
Pulmonary Valve Stenosis
Tetralogy of Fallot
Right Ventricle-Pulmonary Artery Discontinuity
Part V: Left Heart Valve Lesions (Congenital)
Aortic Valve Stenosis
Supravalvular Aortic Stenosis
Subvalvular Aortic Stenosis
Left Ventricular Outflow Tract Obstruction
Sinus of Valsalva Aneurysm and Fistula
Part VI: Single Ventricle
Septation of the Univentricular Heart
Modified Fontan Procedure
Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
Part VII: Malposition of the Great Arteries
Transposition of the Great Arteries
Transposition with Ventricular Inversion (Corrected Transposition)
Double Outlet Right Ventricle
Part VIII: Thoracic Arteries and Veins (Congenital)
Coronary Artery Anomaly
Patent Ductus Arteriosus
Coarctation of the Aorta
Interrupted Aortic Arch
Vascular Ring and Sling
Part IX: Valve Lesions (Acquired)
Aortic Valve Replacement
Mitral Valve Reconstruction
Mitral Valve Replacement
Tricuspid Valve Reconstruction
Tricuspid Valve Replacement
Part X: Ischemic Heart Disease
Coronary Artery Bypass Graft
Part XI: Thoracic Arteries and Veins (Acquired)
Bypass of Superior Vena Cava
Part XII: Special Operations
Special Procedures in Cardiac Transplantation
Donald B. Doty Salt Lake Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Intermountain Healthcare, Salt Lake City, UT.