This readable and student-friendly guide simplifies and clearly explains the heart and how it works. The principles of ECG interpretation are explained to help students understand ECG rhythm and its relationship to cardiac electrophysiology. This new edition features over 100 NCLEX® examination-style questions and provides 2-3 rhythm strips at the end of most chapters, plus 30 more at the end of the book for additional testing and review.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Reference Points for Rhythm Strip Measurments
3. Principles of Rhythm Interpretation & Waveform Analysis
4. Measuring Atrial and Ventricular Rates
5. Analyzing the Rhythm Strip
6. Troubleshooting Problems in Waveforms
7. Electrocardiogram: Monitoring and Electrode Placement
8. Normal Sinus Rhythm (NEW)
9. Sinus Dysrhythmias
10. Atrial Dysrhythmias
11. Junctional Dysrhythmias
12. Premature Ventricular Contractions
13. Ventricular Tachycardia
14. Ventricular Fibrillation
15. Idioventricular Rhythms (NEW)
16. Asystole or Ventricular Standstill
17. Atrioventricular Blocks
18. Cardiac Noninvasive Diagnostic Tests
19. Myocardial Infarction
20. Pericarditis and Cardiac Tamponade
21. Drug Effects, Toxicities and Electrolytes
22. Conduction Defects and Accessory Pathways
23. Special Considerations
24. Rhythm Strip Test
Garrett, Kitty Critical Care Nurse Clinician, St. Joseph Hospital, Augusta, GA.
George-Gay, Beverly Formerly Assistant Professor, Medical College of Georgia School of Nursing, Augusta, GA.
Hodges, Rebecca K. Critical Care Nurse Clinician, St. Joseph Hospital, Augusta, GA.