This exciting new reference brings you information about the most controversial hematology, immunology, and infectious disease challenges you face in your practice. The book confidently tackles these subjects and gives seasoned advice on the latest diagnostic and treatment strategies using evidence-based medicine wherever possible. It gives you the latest information you need to keep pace with the fast-paced, dynamic environment of neonatology.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Current Issues in the Pathogenesis, Diagnosis and Treatment of Neonatal Thrombocytopenia
3. The role of recombinant leukocyte colony-stimulating factors in the neonatal intensive care unit
4. non-hematopoietic effects of erythropoietin
5. Why, When and How Should We Provide Red Cell Transfusions and Erythropoiesis Stimulating Agents to Support Red Cell Mass In Neonates
6. Diagnosis and Treatment of Immune Mediated and Non-Immune Mediated Hemolytic Disease of the Newborn
7. Controversies in Neonatal Thrombotic Disorders
8 A Practical Approach to the Neutropenic Neonate
9. What evidence supports dietary intervention to prevent infant allergy and food allergy development?
10. Maternally-mediated Neonatal Autoimmunity
11. CMV: Diagnosis, treament and considerations on vaccine mediated prevention
12. Neonatal T-Cell Immunity and it's Regulation by Innate Immunity an Dendritic Cells?
13. Breast Milk and Viral Infection
14. Probiotics for the prevention of necrotizing enterocolitis in preterm neonates
15. The Ureaplasma conundrum: should we look or ignore?
16. Control of Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
17. Neonatal Fungal Infections
18. Use of Biomarkers for detection of early and late onset neonatal sepsis
19. Chorioamnionitis and its effects on the fetus/neonate
Irina A. Buhimschi
Maheshwari, Akhil Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Pharmacology, Chief, Division of Neonatology, Director, Neonatology Fellowship Program, Director, Center for Neonatology and Pediatric Gastrointestinal Disease, University of Illinois at Chicago; Medical Director, Neonatology Intensive Care Unit and Intermediate Care Nursery, Children's Hospital of University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois.