This issue of Clinics in Perinatology reviews Healthcare Associated Infections in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Guest Editors Drs. Karen Fairchild and Richard Polin have assembled a panel of expert contributors to pen articles on:
- Epidemiology and Risk Factors for NICU HAI: Genes and Environment
- Strategies to Reduce NICU HAI: Line, Tube, and Hand Hygiene
- Candida in the NICU: Pros and Cons of Prophylaxis; MRSA in the NICU
- New Concepts of Microbial Translocation in the Neonatal Intestine: Mechanisms and Prevention
- Antibiotic Resistance in NICU Pathogens: Mechanisms, Clinical Impact, and Prevention
- Biomarkers for LONS: Cytokines and Beyond
- Heart Rate Variability: A Novel Physiomarker for Sepsis Detection in the NICU
- Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia
- Perinatal Infection and Prematurity
- Meningitis in Neonates: Bench to Bedside
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Polin, Richard A. William T. Speck Professor of Pediatrics, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University; Director, Division of Neonatology, Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital of New York - Presbyterian, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York.