Covering aseptic technique and how to prepare sterile products, Sterile Processing for Pharmacy Technicians ensures safety, accuracy, and correctness of medications. Reflecting American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP) competencies, this comprehensive book provides principles and guidelines, laboratory exercises, and hands-on practice with actual institutional orders. Written by expert pharmacy technician educator Karen Davis, Sterile Processing for Pharmacy Technicians also provides checklists that map to ASHP competencies!
Please note: Product availability uncertain, please check with our customer service team.
1. Introduction to Sterile Compounding
2. Facilities, Equipment, and Supplies
3. Routes of Administration and Types of Compounded Sterile Preparations
4. Calculations for Sterile Compounding
5. Sterile Compounding Process
6. Compatibility, Stability, and Beyond-Use Dating
7. Quality Assurance
8. Small Volume and Large Volume Parenterals
9. Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN)
10. Chemotherapy and Hazardous Drugs
11. Administration considerations