Review nursing research concepts and learn to apply them for evidence-based practice! With learning activities in each chapter, this study guide reinforces the content covered in Understanding Nursing Research, 5th Edition by Nancy Burns and Susan K. Grove. This edition includes an expanded focus on evidence-based practice and new case studies to help you understand the research process and apply your findings to the clinical setting. Three published research studies provide an opportunity to practice with the appraisal and application of nursing research.
2. Introduction to Quantitative Research
3. Introduction to Qualitative Research
4. Examining Ethics in Nursing Research
5. Research Problems, Purposes, and Hypotheses
6. Understanding and Critically Appraising the Literature Review
7. Understanding Theory and Research Frameworks
8. Clarifying Quantitative Research Designs
9. Examining Populations and Samples in Research
10. Clarifying Measurement and Data Collection in Quantitative Research
11. Understanding Statistics in Research
12. Critical Appraisal of Quantitative and Qualitative Research for Nursing Practice
13. Building an Evidence-Based Nursing Practice
14. Outcomes Research
Appendices: Published Studies
Gray, Jennifer R. George W. and Hazel M. Jay Professor, College of Nursing; Associate Dean and Chair, Department of MSN Administration, Education, and PhD Programs, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas.
Burns, Nancy Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas; Faith Community Nurse, St. Matthew Cumberland Presbyterian Church, Burleson, Texas.