1. History of simulation for education
2. Current status of medical simulation programs
3. Space considerations in establishing a simulation program
4. Human considerations
5. Financial considerations
II. Practical applications:
6. Basic sciences (physiology, pharmacology)
7. Physical diagnosis
8. Nursing education
10. Emergency medicine
12. Obstetrics and gynecology
14. Family practice
15. Internal medicine
16. Advanced trauma life support
18. Conscious sedation
19. Continuing health professional education
20. Allied health
21. Community and legal services
22. What's next in simulation?
Lake, Carol L. Professor and Chair, Department of Anesthesiology; Associate Dean for Continuing Medical Education, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY.
Greenberg, Ruth Director of Academic Programs, Health Sciences Center, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY.