Farmers are the end users of the crop and grain harvesting machinery. Crop harvesting machinery is used to cultivate crops like paddy and forms bale simultaneously while harvesting. It performs functions of traveling, reaping and baling. Grain harvesting machinery is used by farmers to reap grains, edible brans and fruit seeds of cereal crops.
The market is driven by necessity of better yields to meet rising demand for food as global population is growing. Opportunities are in the form of technological advancement for creating multi-tasking machines thereby increasing demand. High cost of machineries and high fuel charge are constraining the market. One of the ways is to shift for engines that use bio-based products as fuels.
Depending on the product application, they are classified into crop harvesting machine and grain harvesting machine. It has to be noted that both types of are used for cereal harvesting. North American, European and Australian markets are some of the more affluent, urbanized markets, with large farm sizes per farmer than those in developing regions like APAC (Asia-Pacific), Africa or Latin America.
The market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and Africa based on geography. Asia pacific region exhibits the highest growth potential given to its high demand for food security and low penetration of farm mechanization. Increasing automation technology and high labor cost lead North America to adapt harvest automation extensively. North America has become largest market for harvest machinery. Demand from North America and Europe is mainly driven by replacement of old machinery.
Major companies operating in the segment are AGCO Corporation (US), CNH Industrial N.V. (UK), Bernard Krone Holding GmbH & Co. KG (Germany), CLAAS KGaA mbH (Germany), Kubota Corp. (Japan), Dewulf NV (Belgium), Foton Lovol International Heavy Industry Co., Ltd. (China), Lely Group (The Netherlands), Kuhn Group (France), Ploeger Agro BV (The Netherlands) etc.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Global Crop and Grain Harvesting Machinery Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global Crop and Grain Harvesting Machinery market on both global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to identify the regions that are still untapped
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. MARKET DYNAMICS
3.2.1 Mechanization of Farm Practices
3.2.2 Demand from emerging economies
3.2.3 Government support through Subsidies
3.3.1 Rising capital investment
3.3.2 High power consumption
3.4.1 Technological advancement leading to automated multitasking machines
3.4.2 Rising Precision Agriculture Practices
3.5 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.5.5 Degree of Competition
4. MARKET SEGMENTATION
4.1 By Type
4.1.1 Crop Harvesting Machine
4.1.2 Grain Harvesting Machine
4.2 By Geography
4.2.1 North America
4.2.4 South America
220.127.116.11 South Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Most active companies in the past five years
5.5 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Lely Group
6.2 AGCO tractor
6.3 Alois Pöttinger Maschinenfabrik Ges.m.b.H
6.4 Bernard Krone Holding GmbH & Co. KG
6.5 Case IH
6.6 Caterpillar Inc.
6.7 CLAAS KGaA mbH
6.8 CNH Industrial NV
6.9 Deere and Company
6.11 Dewulf NV
6.13 Foton Lovol International Heavy Industry Co., Ltd.
6.14 Kioti Tractor
6.15 Kubota Corp
6.16 Kuhn Group
6.17 Sampo Rosenlew Ltd
6.18 New Holland
6.19 Preet Agro Industries Pvt. Ltd.
6.21. SAME Deutz-Fahr