Farmers are the end users of the cultivators and tillers. Cultivators are used to loosen the soil and remove weeds. They are generally small in size and can be operated by a single person. Tillers are used to till the land which is generally done to prepare land for farming. They are big in comparison to cultivators and are used in large areas of land.
Improvement in productivity and ease of doing chores are the major reasons. The growing population, growing food demand, necessity to increase yields are the primary drivers of the market. The demand for these products is increasing from developing countries like china, India, Brazil etc., because of the government subsidies in these countries. The prospect of cultivating and tillage machinery looks bright as more and more farmers are adapting automation and precision agriculture practices in developing countries.
The market is segmented by type into tillers and cultivators. Cultivators are the largest in terms of volume and tillers are the largest in terms of revenue.
The market has also been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and Africa. Asia-Pacific dominates the market in terms of volume. Europe and North America have major share in terms of high-powered tractors. Asia-pacific offers high potential with deeper market penetration possibilities.
Opportunities lie in higher market penetration in the developing regions of Asia and South America. Low purchasing power in developing regions appears to be a hindrance to the otherwise lucrative market. Major companies operating in the segment are Deere and Company, CNH Global NV, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., AGCO tractor, Farmtrac Tractor Europe, Massey Ferguson, Escorts etc.
- Market analysis of the Global Cultivator and Tiller Machinery Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Global Cultivator and Tiller Machinery market on both global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
- Insights on the major countries in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. MARKET DYNAMICS
3.2.1 Government subsidies for Farm Mechanization
3.2.2 Growth in adoption in developing regions
3.3.1 Low purchasing power
3.3.2 Growing urbanization and decreasing farmland
3.4.1 Higher equipment penetration in the developing countries
3.4.2 Increasing farmers income
3.5 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.5.5 Degree of Competition
4. MARKET SEGMENTATION
4.1 By Type
4.2 By Geography
4.2.1 North America
4.2.4 South America
188.8.131.52 South Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Most active companies in the past five years
5.5 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Deere and Company
6.2 CNH Global NV
6.3 Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
6.4 AGCO tractor
6.5 Farmtrac Tractor Europe
6.6 Kubota Tractor Corp
6.7 McCormick Tractors
6.8 Case IH
6.10 Claas Tractor
6.11 Kioti Tractor
6.12 Belarus Tractor
6.13 Massey Ferguson Tractor
6.14 Caterpillar Inc.
6.15 SAME Deutz-Fahr
6.19 Daedong-USA, Inc.