"An excellent read."
Ben Bengougam, Senior Vice President Human Resources EMEA, Hilton
BECOME THE DECISION MAKER YOU NEED TO BE.
More than any other skill, the ability to make the right decision in any given scenario separates the leaders who excel from those who don′t. So how, in an ever more complex world, can anyone make informed decisions against the clock?
FOLLOW THE LOGIC AND LISTEN TO YOUR GUT.
In The Little Black Book of Decision Making, highly sought–after leadership development specialist and award–winning speaker Michael Nicholas shows you how to transform your decision–making abilities by correcting errors in thinking before they become errors in judgment. He blends modern science, first–hand experience, and personal insight, to enable you to:
- Empower your logical mind with intuition
- Neutralise your inherent biases and free your potential
- Enhance your value, especially as smart technology spreads
- Sharpen your judgment to better handle uncertainty and improve every area of your life
You already have the inherent ability to make great decisions. The Little Black Book of Decision Making shows you how to turn that potential into reality.
"Fresh, thought provoking and very stimulating."
Robbie Feather, Commercial Director, Argos
"If you only read one book this year, I would highly recommend you make it this one you will not be disappointed."
Stephen Murphy, President International Business, DJO Global
About the Author xi
Part 1 No Place for Old Dogs: New Tricks Required 7
1. Let s Get Real: We All Make Mistakes 9
2. Rule Makers, Rule Breakers 25
3. Coping with an Era of Acceleration 47
Part 2 Mindset Matters! Getting Beyond the Process 69
4. What Could be Wrong with Being Right ? 71
5. The Reality Delusion 89
6. Wired for Flight and Fight 109
7. The Dance of Old and New 127
Part 3 Transforming Decision Making from the Inside Out 149
8. The Inside–Out Challenge 151
9. Evolving the Brain 171
10. Unlocking Creativity Through Mindfulness 193