By comparison, commercial and military markets almost exclusively use market-specific platforms. Non-disclosure agreements between UAS original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and civil purchasers limit the amount of information that can be used to precisely estimate historical sales and projected growth. Sales estimates in this study were developed by merging the limited historical data available with industry insights into current and expected growth rates.
- While the civil UAS market is not growing as quickly as the commercial UAS market, demand for civil UAS is substantial to assist public agencies involved in law enforcement, emergency and disaster response, public safety, border management, and the protection of natural resources.
- The main driver for civil UAS is the fact that the technology has become so inexpensive and easy to use. This opens the market up to agencies that possess limited discretionary funds.
- Key Findings
- Military UAS Class Definitions
- Commercial UAS Class Definitions
- Market Drivers
- Market Drivers Explained
- Market Restraints
- Market Restraints Explained
- Africa Civil UAS Trends
- APAC Civil UAS Trends
- Europe Civil UAS Trends
- Middle East Civil UAS Trends
- North America Civil UAS Trends
- South America Civil UAS Trends
- Market Size Estimate Methodology
- Civil UAS Market Size
- Civil UAS Market Size-Military versus Non-military Platforms
- Civil UAS Market Size-Military Platforms
- Civil UAS Market Size-Non-Military Platforms
- Civil UAS Market Size-Regional Market Share Estimates
- Civil UAS Market Size-Estimated Revenue Forecast by Region