After a period of strong growth until 2009 the market for baby food in Spain began to decline due to the combination of a lower number of births and the onset of an economic crisis which caused spending to be reduced. In terms of volume the market has fallen by 19.5% since 2009. In per capita expenditure terms wet meals and milks were the only sectors which had witnessed any growth- albeit marginal - between 2005 and 2015 indicating the willingness of consumers to spend more on products such as liquid milk and convenient wet meals. Despite the overall depressed nature of the market manufacturers have continued to try to stimulate sales and several new ranges and products have been launched.
- After peaking in 2009 the number of live births has fallen over the last five years and this factor allied to the country’s economic crisis saw volume and value sales fall by 12.9% in 2015 while volume sales declined by 19.5%
- Baby milks account for 55.4% of value sales of baby food well ahead of wet meals (27.5%) and cereals (16.8%).
- The Spanish baby food market is dominated by two manufacturers Nestlé and Hero which together accounted for over 70% of volume sales in 2015.
- Prospects for the Spanish baby food market over the next few years are relatively bleak. Over the whole period from 2015 up to 2021 there is expected to be a fall of 11.4% in the total market
“Baby Food in Spain” is an analytical report which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Spain market.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research fieldwork market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments segmentation per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy:
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behaviour and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
1.1. Major Developments
1.2. Market Structure
1.3. Per Capita
1.5. The Suppliers
1.6. The Future
2 Background to the Market
2.1.1. Live Birth Rates
2.1.2. Live Births by Region
2.1.3. The Baby Population
2.2. The Consumer
2.2.1. Living standards
2.2.2. Eating Habits
2.3. Socio-Demographic Trends
2.3.1. Family Structure
2.3.2. Number of Women of Childbearing Age
2.3.3. Births by Age of Mother
2.4. Working Women
2.4.1. Female Employment
2.4.2. Maternity Legislation
2.5. Breastfeeding Trends
2.5.1. Breastfeeding Prevalence
2.5.2. Breastfeeding Legislation
2.6.1. Marketing Regulations
3 Market Profile
3.1.2. Key Features & Developments
3.1.3. Manufacturers & Brands
3.2. Baby Milk
3.2.1. Key Features & Developments
3.2.2. Per Capita Trends
3.2.3. Market Segmentation
3.2.4. Manufacturers & Brands
3.3. Baby Cereals & Dry Meals
3.3.1. Key Features & Developments
3.3.2. Per Capita Trends
3.3.3. Market Segmentation
3.3.4. Manufacturers & Brands
3.4. Baby Wet Meals
3.4.1. Key Features & Developments
3.4.2. Per Capita Trends
3.4.3. Sector Segmentation
3.4.4. Manufacturers & Brands
3.5. Baby Drinks
3.5.1. Key Features & Developments
3.5.2. Per Capita Trends
3.5.3. Manufacturers & Brands
4.1. Grocery Structure
4.3. Baby Food Distribution
5 The Suppliers
5.1. Company Profiles
5.1.2. Nestlé España
5.1.3. Hero España
5.1.5. Alter Farmacía Nutribén
5.1.6. Lactalis Nutrición Infantil SLU Lactalis Puleva SL
5.1.7. Mead Johnson Nutrition Spain SL
5.1.8. Laboratorios Ordesa SL
5.2. Other Suppliers
5.2.1. Abbott Laboratories SA
5.2.2. Associación de Cooperativas Farmacéuticas (Acofarma)
5.2.4. Milte Milk Technologies SL
5.2.5. Comercial Masoliver SA
6 Production & Foreign Trade
7 The Future
7.1. Future Determinants
7.1.1. Live Birth Trends
7.1.2. Consumer Attitudes
7.2. Future Trends
8 Economic Background
8.1. Political & Economic Summary
8.2. Economic Background
9.1. What is this Report About?
9.2. Time Frame
9.3. Product Category Coverage
- Hero España
- Alter Farmacía Nutribén
- Lactalis Nutrición Infantil SLU Lactalis Puleva SL
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Spain SL
- Laboratorios Ordesa SL
- Abbott Laboratories SA
- Associación de Cooperativas Farmacéuticas (Acofarma)
- Milte Milk Technologies SL
- Comercial Masoliver SA