Nano PLCs are low-end PLCs with limited number of I/Os. These PLCs are generally programmed with ladder logic or function-block programming languages.
Some of the common features of all brands of nano PLCs include the following:
- The basic module has digital I/Os and some analog inputs
- They are expandable up to around 40 digital and 10 analog I/O
- They can be connected to larger systems, and are used as intelligent remote I/O systems with the attachment of communication modules
- They have no real time behavior and cannot handle fast interrupt routines
- Nano PLCs are designed for small automated systems used in industrial and commercial applications.
They are used in the following industrial applications:
- Automation of small packaging, assembly, production, finishing, and dispensing machines
- Decentralized automation of auxiliary equipment of large and medium sized machines in the food and beverage, textiles, plastics and material processing sectors
- Automated systems for agricultural machinery (irrigation equipment, pumps, and motors) and wastewater treatment industry
The analysts forecast the global nano PLC market to grow at a CAGR of 7.96% during the period 2016-2020.
Covered in this report
The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global nano PLC market for 2016-2020. To calculate the market size, the report considers the revenue generated from sales and aftermarket services of nano PLCs.
The market is divided into the following segments based on geography:
The report, Global Nano Programmable Logic Controller Market 2016-2020, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the market landscape and its growth prospects over the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Rockwell Automation
- Schneider Electric
Other prominent vendors
- Bosch Rexroth
- Honeywell International
- Growth in home and building automation market
- Security risks
- Nano PLCs equipped with IoT communication capabilities
Key questions answered in this report
- What will the market size be in 2020 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the key market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?
- Market overview
- Top-vendor offerings
- Other prominent vendors
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
- Key market highlights
PART 06: Market landscape
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
- Global nano PLC market by hardware
- Global nano PLC market by software
- Global nano PLC market by services
- Global nano PLC market by home and building automation industry
- Global nano PLC market by food and beverage industry
- Global nano PLC market by water and wastewater industry
- Nano PLC market in APAC
- Nano PLC market in EMEA
- Nano PLC market in the Americas
PART 11: Impact of drivers
PART 12: Market challenges
PART 13: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 14: Market trends
PART 15: Vendor landscape
- Competition overview
- Competition analysis
- Competition financials
- List of abbreviations
List of Exhibits
Exhibit 01: Product segmentation
Exhibit 02: Global PLC market by product type 2015
Exhibit 03: Product offerings
Exhibit 04: Other prominent vendors
Exhibit 05: Global automation solutions value chain
Exhibit 06: Stakeholder roles and responsibilities
Exhibit 07: Automation solution life-cycle
Exhibit 08: Global nano PLC market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
Exhibit 09: Five forces analysis
Exhibit 10: Global nano PLC market by hardware 2016-2020 ($ billions)
Exhibit 11: Global nano PLC market by software 2015-2020 ($ millions)
Exhibit 12: Global nano PLC market by services 2015-2020 ($ millions)
Exhibit 13: Global nano PLC market by end-users 2015
Exhibit 14: Global nano PLC market by end-users 2020
Exhibit 15: Global nano PLC market by home and building automation industry 2015-2020 ($ billions)
Exhibit 16: Average per capita income of major industrial countries in APAC 2011-2014 ($)
Exhibit 17: Global nano PLC market by food and beverage industry 2015-2020 ($ billions)
Exhibit 18: Global nano PLC market by water and wastewater industry 2015-2020 ($ millions)
Exhibit 19: Global nano PLC market by geographic segmentation 2015
Exhibit 20: Global nano PLC market by geographic segmentation 2020
Exhibit 21: Nano PLC market in APAC 2015-2020 ($ billions)
Exhibit 22: Nano PLC market in EMEA 2015-2020 ($ billions)
Exhibit 23: Major residential projects with home automation installations planned in GCC
Exhibit 24: Nano PLC market in the Americas 2015-2020 ($ millions)
Exhibit 25: Impact of drivers
Exhibit 26: Impact of drivers and challenges
Exhibit 27: Products offered
Exhibit 28: Competition financials
The author of the report recognizes the following companies as the key players in the Global Nano Programmable Logic Controller Market: Mitsubishi Electric, Rockwell Automation, Schneider Electric, and Siemens.
Other Prominent Vendors in the market are: ABB, Bosch Rexroth, GE, Hitachi, Honeywell International, and IDEC.
Commenting on the report, an analyst from the research team said: “Vendors are increasingly offering high performance nano PLCs that can communicate as part of IoT. These nano PLCs allow integrators and OEMs to connect their devices via the Internet without adding additional modules. In September 2014, Crouzet Automation, a subsidiary of Schneider Electric launched em4 nano PLC that can send alerts through SMS and emails. This nano PLC can be remotely controlled, and is equipped with a set of innovative features.”
According to the report, one of the major driving factors is growth in home and building automation market. Nano PLCs are widely used in housing and building automation systems, including door and gate controls, heating and cooling systems, window shutter controls, water and sprinkler systems, and ventilation systems. They have a backlit LCD display that is used for programming and setting up of automation solutions.
Further, the report states that high preference for industrial PCs among end-users should affect the demand for nano PLCs.
The study was conducted using an objective combination of primary and secondary information including inputs from key participants in the industry. The report contains a comprehensive market and vendor landscape in addition to a SWOT analysis of the key vendors.