1 Size of the NA commercial vehicle telematics market was approximately million in 2015, with medium and heavy commercial vehicles exhibiting X% penetration.
2 Market Leaders Established participants such as Fleetmatics, Omnitracs, Telogis, Geotab, Trimble, and Zonar Systems held a combined market share of about X% in 2015.
3 Key Markets The United States contributed X% of the installed base in 2015, while Canada held X% share in North America.
4 Key Solutions Hours of service (HOS) monitoring, driver behavior management, and video safety are among the top preferences for fleet operators.
5 Forecast The market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X% from 2015 to 2022, approximately X million units by the end of the forecast period.
- OEMs will concentrate focus on data streaming and predictive modeling of Big Data to develop and commercialize vehicle prognostics.
- SaaS-based vendors will work on building open software platforms for easy integration of back-office software and third-party plug-in applications for remote diagnostics, fuel card integration, and video safety among others.
- The no-contract (free hardware and installation) business model will open new avenues for third-party vendors and will be preferred by small and subcontracted fleets operating in field service and local distribution.
- OEMs such as Navistar and Volvo will continue partnering with third-party vendors in order to have an edge over the competition.
- About million vehicles in operation will embrace telematics services by 2020,owing to the published ELD mandate.
- Total Commercial Vehicle Telematics Market: Top 6 Predictions, North America, 2015 - 2022 Future hardware will be multi-network and multi-bandwidth compatible in order to evade replacement costs owing to network upgrade or vendor switching
- Key Findings
- Key Predictions
- North American Market Outlook - United States vs. Canada
- Segment Contributions
- Benchmarking - Key Vendors
- Key Conclusions and Future Outlook
- Research Scope
- Research Aims and Objectives
- Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Research Background
- Research Methodology
- Market Definitions and Segmentation
- Solution Types
- Key Market Trends
- ELD Mandate
- Remote Diagnostics as Standard and Free
- Open Architecture Software Platform
- OEMs’ Focus on Multiple Vendor Partnership
- Evolution of a New Business Model - No-contract with Free Hardware
- Telematics Service Pricing Range
- Market Breakdown by Service Types
- Breakdown by Solution Type
- Business Model Analysis
- Pricing Analysis
- Evolution of a New Business Model - No-contract
- Installed Base - Forecast
- Revenue Analysis
- Telematics Penetration by Segment and Fleet Type
- Market Share Analysis
- Market Share Analysis - OEM vs. Third-party Suppliers’ Installed Base
- OEM Partnership
- Windows of Opportunity
- The Last Word - 3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Market Engineering Methodology
- Abbreviations and Acronyms Used