2016 Healthcare Benchmarks: Population Health Management drills down on the latest population health management (PHM) trends, including the prevalence of PHM initiatives, program components, targeted conditions, PHM care team members, challenges and ROI.
Now in its third edition, this 50-page resource analyzes responses of more than 100 healthcare organizations to this third comprehensive industry survey on PHM trends administered in spring 2016. It delivers the latest metrics on current and future PHM initiatives, providing actionable data on the most effective PHM tools and workflows, risk identification strategies, communication and engagement tools, program delivery modalities, results and challenges, and much, much more.
This all-new research report is supported with more than 50 graphs and tables and describes many successes respondents have achieved with a PHM approach. Participating organizations also weigh in on the sustainability of a population health management approach.
New metrics for 2016:
- Availability of medication management in population health initiatives;
- Percentage of PHM programs serving 'rising risk' populations;
- Health conditions targeted by population health management;
- PHM support and tracking of health wearables and other digital health tools;
- Membership in clinically integrated networks; and
- Weight of quality rankings, hospital utilization data and aggregate spending in PHM program evaluation.
2016 Healthcare Benchmarks: Population Health Management provides a high-level look at overall industry responses but also drills down to sector-specific PHM activity from key stakeholders in the following areas:
- Availability of current and planned population health management programs;
- Services provided by PHM programs;
- Populations covered by PHM programs;
- Health risk levels served;
- Health conditions targeted;
- Healthcare professionals on the PHM team;
- Healthcare professional with primary PHM responsibility;
- Data sources for determining appropriate risk and intervention levels;
- PHM delivery modalities;
- Tools to promote consumer, patient and health plan member engagement and participation;
- PHM participation in accountable care delivery models;
- Quality metrics to measure PHM program effectiveness;
- Most effective tools, processes and workflows in use in PHM programs;
- Greatest challenges and successes from PHM initiatives;
- The complete 2016 Population Health Management survey tool;
This benchmarks report is designed to meet business and planning needs of health plans, employers, managed care organizations, health systems, service providers and others by providing critical metrics in population health management.