The convergence of automation and robotics with the water and wastewater industry is chiefly driven by the need for perfect accuracy and low costs while managing and treating wastewater. The key factors that are urging water utilities to resort to robotics and automation include hazardous conditions of operations, high wastage levels and costs, and high probabilities of human errors and accidents. The research service analyzes this trend for the period 2016-2020 and provides key insights about how the water and wastewater industry is evolving and what impact this trend will have on the process equipment market.
Key Trends Driving Adoption of Automation and Robotics in Water and Wastewater Industry
1. Aging Infrastructure in Developed Nations
- Rising incidents of Billions of gallons of untreated water being discharged as a result of aging water infrastructure are pushing the governments of key developed economies, including the United States and the United Kingdom, to focus more on developing technologies and solutions that address these issues.
2. Convergence of Automation and Robotics with Water Infrastructure
- Critical breakthroughs in technological innovation and the convergence of automation with the water and wastewater industry are having an outsizing impact on the pumps industry. Innovations and
developments that are currently underway hint at upcoming breakthroughs, but these are at least two steps away from commercialization.
3. Innovating to Zero
- By 2020, key developed economies are expected to entirely transform their water infrastructure by adopting biotechnology as the key wastewater treatment solution, as it is eco-friendly, low-cost,maintenance free, and consumes almost zero energy.
- Key Findings
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Key Challenges in Conventional Water Infrastructure
- Robots and Automation Crossing Over Into Water and Wastewater
- Growing Attractiveness of Pipeline Inspection Augments Wastewater Treatment Techniques
- The Rise of BactoBots - New Technology Converts Sewage into Electricity, Water, and Biogas
- Significance of Convergence of Automation and Robotics with Water and Wastewater Industry on the Pumps Market
- Impact of the Convergence of Automation and Robotics with Water and Wastewater Industry on the Pumps Market
- Impact on Processing Equipment - Pumps and Systems
- The Last Word
- Legal Disclaimer