Besides, its ability to be used for a wide range of food ingredients and ensuring shelf life extension will help improve cost-effectiveness for the food product developer. This research service, “Technology Breakthroughs in Food Encapsulation (TechVision)” focuses on the various food encapsulation techniques and recent research developments and industry initiatives across various encapsulation technologies. It also contains a mapping of the encapsulation technologies to various food products and contains an detailed roadmap of food encapsulation technologies.
Key drivers and challenges that impact the adoption of food encapsulation
- The growing interest in processed and functional foods and healthier eating habits drive the encapsulation technology industry as they offer opportunities for the development of more evolved functional food.
- High startup and maintenance costs and the lack of awareness among key industry participants are the main challenges in the implementation of encapsulation technology.
Regulation scenario in the food encapsulation industry
- Stringent regulations in terms of the materials to be used for encapsulation limit the utilization of a wide range of available sources; however, this can lead to the development of new, innovative, and renewable materials.
- The use of nanoparticles in food production is not specifically covered under any international regulation and legislation, therefore require a safety assessment prior to marketing.
Market trends and demand for food encapsulation
- Consumers prefer tasty, healthy, and convenient food products. These require the implementation of encapsulation technology in the manufacturing process due to their ability to provide new platforms to enhance bioavailability, stability,and the delivery efficiency of bioactive molecules to the targeted site, either in the food matrix or the body.
Top technology trends in food encapsulation
- Nanoencapsulation technology is considered a promising tool that will positively impact the food industry.
- Renewable materials as food encapsulates that are highly versatile and easily fabricated
- Electrospinning in food encapsulation acts as a novel delivery system due to its versatility, It can be performed at room temp and is able to produce matrices in the micro to nano range.
Growth opportunities for the food encapsulation technologies
- As scientists and developers are looking for specific solutions to meet market needs, significant research and tech developments are taking place in the food encapsulation space.
- Nanotechnologies is expected to impact all aspects of the food chain, from production (agriculture, livestock farming,pisciculture) to processing, packaging, storage, distribution, and sales.
- Research Scope
- Research Process and Methodology
- 5 segment layout
- Encapsulation - An Overview
- Importance of Encapsulation in Food Industry
- The Individual Units
- Key Core and Carrier Materials
- Types of Food Encapsulation
- Application Landscape
- Chemical Encapsulation Technologies
- Physical Encapsulation Technologies
- Mapping of Technologies with Core and Carrier Materials
- Technology Development – Global Footprint
- Technology Adoption - Global Footprint
- Factors that Impact Adoption
- Key Innovations and their Significance
- Key Industry Initiatives
- Some Notable Partnerships and Collaborations
- Demand-side Analysis - End-User Perspective
- From the Analyst’s Desk
9. Key Contacts
- Legal Disclaimer