Even with multiple market-related drivers such as high growth in collocation and cloud, increasing demand for data storage, overall increase in global data centre investments, and a boom in Internet of things (IoT) and Big Data, the most compelling driver is the design aspect of the modular data centre.
The global modular data centre market was worth $X billion in 2015. The market is still quite nascent.
- The market is expected to grow at a high pace over the forecast period, with growth rates expected to accelerate further post 2017. The market is estimated to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X% from 2015 to 2020.
- In 2015, North America and Europe accounted for a big majority of the total market revenues, at X%. North America is expected to drive the growth over the next 2 years;however, emerging markets will drive growth post 2017.
- Emerging markets are expected to grow at a faster rate than developed markets. Asia-Pacific (APAC) will be the fastest-growing region at a CAGR of % from 2015 to 2020, followed by Rest of World (ROW) at a CAGR of X%.
- IT and telecom are the fastest growth end-user verticals, accounting for a little over half of the total market revenue in 2015, with a combined share of X%.
- In terms of application types, disaster recovery was the biggest revenue contributor in 2015, with a share of X%, and is expected to be replaced by starter data centres as the biggest revenue contributor in 2019. Starter data centres are expected to be the fastest growing application type, followed by HPC/edge computing.
2. Market Overview
3. Drivers and Restraints-Total Modular Data Centre Market
4. Forecasts and Trends-Total Modular Data Centre Market
5. Market Share and Competitive Analysis-Total Modular Data Centre Market
6. North America Analysis
7. Europe Analysis
8. APAC Analysis
9. ROW Analysis
10. The Last Word