Lastly, it provides information on big-ticket projects. The investment tracker is useful for business planning and decision-making by evaluating the industrial activity within their own industry as well as other allied industries in their value chain and larger ecosystem.
- During the Jan-Mar 2016 quarter, large projects were announced in Basic Metals, Non Metallic Mineral Products, Textiles, Electricity, Energy, Transport services, and Community services.
- The investment conclaves organized during the quarter by various states including Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, and West Bengal resulted a significant increase in new investments.
- The typical projects commissioned during Jan-Mar 2016 were greenfield and ofhigh value.
- The implementation ratio - the share of projects under implementation to total projects - remained stable at X% in October- December quarter as well as the January-March quarter in terms of value of project investments. In terms of the number of projects, the share of projects under implementation decreased from X%
- The investors in the bulk of the top high valued projects were private participants.
- Between March 2015- March 2016, the Government has cleared almost 170 stalled projects which were awaiting government clearances or permits.
- Due to the traction in larger orders in core industries like power, steel, fertilizers and oil & gas, major activities such as capacity addition remained stagnant.
- The highest number of projects stalled were in the manufacturing, mining and electricity in the last few quarters among all sectors
- For the past few quarters infrastructure sector have been on the roll with air transport, roads and shipping projects gaining momentum.
- During 2015-16, the number of live projects under implementation stage stalled were at an all-time high in terms of value and aggregate numbers.
- Key Points
- Investment and Project Overview
- Top 20 Investors for January-March 2016
- Industry-Level Analysis
- Regional Analysis
- Legal Disclaimer